· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here is crab for your AC tank! Sorry no fish bowl!lol - Northernguy   awesome tank! - Jacko   Thanks! - Agassizii   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   

Default Thinking of getting a crayfish

0 Not allowed!
    Im thinking of getting one crayfish for a 5gal tank. Any advice on care? also can I have one half of the tank filled with water and keep the other half of the tank water free?
    Last edited by aquatic lover; 07-27-2009 at 12:24 AM.
    crab freak!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Easter - Northernguy   For being part of the community - MCHRKiller   To a fellow Louisianian! - Owlbehere   Here you are! - Wild Turkey   Now your one of these! lol Congrats! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    So how are you going to cook it? jk. i think he would do fine with your idea. Mine ate just about anything. He liked my sinking catfish sticks a lot. He will molt every once in a while so dont get freaked out when you see a crawfish skeleton. His shell will be very soft after he molts so make sure there is no super sharp objects in the tank. Also keep the molted shell in the tank after he molts. They usually eat it to gain more calcium to grow the new shell. 20% water changes every 2 weeks should be enough for on crawfish. They like vegetation, and room temperature should do fine. Filter doesnt have to be perfect either.
    Good luck
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"
    Teddy Roosevelt
    I have lots of tanks, 9 I think.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here is crab for your AC tank! Sorry no fish bowl!lol - Northernguy   awesome tank! - Jacko   Thanks! - Agassizii   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks, I currently have fiddler crabs but I want more aquatic animals. : )
    crab freak!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for having so many tanks :) - NanoTankGuy   For being a good teacher and helping to educate me! - chel   They didn't have any platys so I got you a pleco! lol - Northernguy   For you mate. - mac   Thanks for all your help and input regarding setting up my 55 gallon!!! - emilyekk   

0 Not allowed!
    A 5 gallon (completely filled) is WAY to small for any crayfish other than a dwarf crayfish. A 10 is the BARE minimum, 20 is much better. Also, there is no need to create a water free area for them - they are fully aquatic like lobsters.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    So I would need to buy a 10gal tank?
    crab freak!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congrats on MOTM! - Jacko   Another round for my friends - mommy1   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Thanks for your kind words in my blog, it really dose help - Cliff   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - The Red Severum   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Red Severum   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Red Severum   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - The Red Severum   HIV/AIDS - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    Yeah, 10gal is is ok for a cray, and will house fine. No other fish though.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Ok if I can find a dwarf crayfish I will get a 5gal tank, But if I can't find a dwarf crayfish then I will get a 10gal tank for a blue crayfish.
    Last edited by aquatic lover; 07-28-2009 at 01:05 AM.
    crab freak!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   For you! Thanks! - Northernguy   Here's a fish for you that no idiot can kill no matter what you say !! - SkinnyChicken   Happy Birthday - Northernguy   This should help make you feel better! lol - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Will it eat your crab? Sorry, I have nothing of use to add to this....just wondering...
    "It is better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees."
    - Albert Camus

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Easter - Northernguy   For being part of the community - MCHRKiller   To a fellow Louisianian! - Owlbehere   Here you are! - Wild Turkey   Now your one of these! lol Congrats! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Oh a blue crawfish . yeah I would go with a 10g, you would more to work with in a 10g than a 5. If you can find a dwarf crawfish i would get it, they are awesome.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick"
    Teddy Roosevelt
    I have lots of tanks, 9 I think.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    the cray would probaly eat my fiddler crabs lady hatred.
    Last edited by aquatic lover; 07-28-2009 at 03:28 AM.
    crab freak!