· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

This will help your tank! lol - Northernguy   Don't give up :) Nice article - NanoTankGuy   You can never have enough Betas! lol - Northernguy   No Java Fern - Mocha Java instead! - Wetpets   

Default Angc's 29g Journal

0 Not allowed!
    Today is a big day! I woke up to a Nitrite reading of 0 in my 29g, which is currently fishlessly cycling! It's been two weeks since my Nitrite reading was off the chart...I added a few drops of 1M Phosphorus Acid yesterday. I wonder if that contributed to the growth of my Nitrobactor army! Anyways, that's a story in the past now!

Soooo...after deciding to take a day off work and doing a massive water changee, it's time to seriously think about what I am going to do to properly introduce my fish in the next two days! I currently have 3 Glowlight Tera, 3 Black Neon Tetra, and 3 Sunburst Platy waiting to go in the newly cycled 29g...

First of all, I am going to make sure that my bacteria colony has stablized by adding my last dose of Ammonia and take a reading in five hours. If I get 0 readings for both Ammonia and Nitrite, I am off to my LFS!

I will be getting 7 more Glowlight Tetra and 7 more Black Neon tetra to complete the Tetra school.

Stocking plan for now:

10 Glowlight Tetra
    10 Black Neon Tetra
    3 Platy

Fish to add later:
    1 GBR
    1 BN Pleco
    Maybe a group of Cory?

My tank set up:
    29g (30x12x18.5) glass tank
    AC50 HOB
    Tetra 50 Internal Filter x2
    Visi-Therm Stealth 200w
    Nova Extreme T5HO 2x24w

Plants:
    Egeria Densa (Anacharis)
    Anubias
    Cryptocoryne Wendtii ''red"
    Crinum Thaianum (Water Onion Plant)
    Some cluster of unknown moss
    Some plastic ones

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats! Very nice looking tank. I like the black substrate and background.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

This will help your tank! lol - Northernguy   Don't give up :) Nice article - NanoTankGuy   You can never have enough Betas! lol - Northernguy   No Java Fern - Mocha Java instead! - Wetpets   

0 Not allowed!
    July 20, 2009

Update on my planted 29g...

More plants are added:
    Amazon swords (potted in Aquatic Planting Media with Jungle tabs)
    Unknown swords
    Hornwort
    Banana plant

Also added fish a few days ago:
    10 Black Neon Tetra
    10 Glowlight Tetra
    3 Sunburst Platy

3 Oto Cat
    2 GBRs

Water parameter has been consistent. Ammonia and Nitrite stayed at 0, while Nitrate wanders at 20ppm. Daily 15% PWC has been done but Nitrate doesn't seem to be lowering!

I was going to wait on getting my GBRs, but my LFS called me to let me know that they finally carried some! It's close to impossible to find GBRs around my town and I just could not pass by the change. My GBRs seem to have adapted quite well. The pair are going everywhere together, hunting down roaming blackworms!

I potted my amazon swords today, because I just could not get them to stay in the sand. I hope I didn't shock them too much!

Other plants have been growing consistently. My onion plants have come back to life! Crypt Wendtii did not have a melt down.

I cannot wait for my plants to fill up my tank!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    Tank and fish look very good. Nice job.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! I am just hoping that my plants don't die on me =(