· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Default Ugh! my sister's recent facebook post

1 Not allowed!
    I made a comment on FB about the picture, but I know everyone there will just talk crap to me for being a downer!! My sister just came home from Puerto Rico and apparently this was a welcome home gift to her? Everyone loves it and thinks its hilarious and amazing.

I think because of this page, the first thing I think of is animal cruelty :x too small, no filter, no decor, and too many goldfish .. I feel like here people will understand..

goldfish.jpg
    Last edited by Pariss; 04-29-2016 at 02:48 AM.

0 Not allowed!
    ahh and this was her response, "Wellll. Seeing that this jug of water was larger than the tank they were stuffed in at petco. I think this worked out well for them!"

0 Not allowed!
    and after my next response she says "i think they will be fine for the night." so I say "hopefully it's just a night :)" anddddd of course she then says,"Yes, I'll make sure to flush them down the toilet by tomorrow to get them that 20 gallons per fish"

3 Not allowed!
    Utterly pathetic, IMO.
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went” - Will Rogers

2 Not allowed!
    Yeah seriously, and it just goes to show how LITTLE the majority of people know about fish. Like no one knows or even cares. I'm just surprised she was the only one bashing my comment so far. Makes me feel awkward but hey, i'm gonna speak my mind whether you like me for it or not. These people all probably believe that I am being overly obsessive about fish when in actuality, 20-30 gallons is like bare minimum for the smaller kinds of goldfish. But they're all used to bowls.

Awards Showcase

Sorry for the loss of you "braveheart" it's a guppy but we don't have endlers ;-) - steeler58 Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7 Merry Christmas! - Anders247 Happy Friday, Deb! - BluewaterBoof 
    Thanks for the nice compliment on Spardas's thread ;-) - steeler58 Good luck with the testing! - Slaphppy7 No endlers but have a guppy for all your hard work ;-) - steeler58 Happy Easter and thanks for the Rep! - Silbar Thank you for the Endlers!!! - Boundava 

3 Not allowed!
    I can understand your frustration but consider, they are probably uneducated on these matters. Taking some time to explain without getting angry helps to spread the knowledge. However, I don't know how old the audience is on the page you are referring to. If it's younger than 30, it may be a lost cause and you'd be wasting your breath.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DebinWhitmore View Post
    I can understand your frustration but consider, they are probably uneducated on these matters. Taking some time to explain without getting angry helps to spread the knowledge. However, I don't know how old the audience is on the page you are referring to. If it's younger than 30, it may be a lost cause and you'd be wasting your breath.
    Yeah we are younger than 30. I didn't say it angrily because I know they didn't know better, but to have such a snarky response definitely does annoy me

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas! - Anders247 So sorry about your brother. - SeaLady wonderful fish tank you have there. - SeaLady Happy Friday, Joe! - BluewaterBoof Happy Birthday - gadget228 
    Good luck with the interview! - Slaphppy7 Congrats on the new job! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the rep! - Wolfgang To help get you started on your SW adventure! - Silbar Congrats! New fish, safely delevered - RiversGirl 
    Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Slaphppy7 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - AmazonJoe World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - AmazonJoe 

2 Not allowed!
    Yea I would "simply" explain about toxic buildup and how there are *good " bacteria that eat this that live in filters etc etc...and If she still decides to keep them as is. I would take them out whenever no one was around but hey that's just me haha.

0 Not allowed!
    How is she supposed to feed them?