· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Sorry I confused myself.  :) - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for the Moss... - Sounguru    - Wild Turkey   No Message - Wild Turkey   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kennedpa
    No mention of only one clown loach?
    He used "loaches" in the OP, which indicates he has more than one.

Personally I think pet stores have no business selling clown loaches in the volume that they do. Just like bala sharks, loaches like to school and get big. I know someone who had 10 loaches, each one over 6 inches in a 90 gallon tank...they absolutely trashed everything in there. That tank accumulated nitrates like no other tank I've ever seen, it needed a water change every other day. They also tended to beat each other up as they all tried to fit in the same spots, whether a hollow volcano or a flower pot. They also absolutely destroyed a 4 inch RTS that presumed to go into one of their hidey holes.

I think clown loaches should have the same minimum requirements as bala sharks, at least a 125 and ideally 250 or better. Which pretty much eliminates 99% of the clown loach buying public. With that said, I don't blame the OP, because CLs are nice fish and I owned 4 of them in a 55g before realizing that they grow too big and are too active. I don't presume to judge folks. I've made more mistakes than anyone here probably, so I'd rather just give my opinion based on my experiences.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Other(more distant) Ohio buddy! - AABatteries   You get one anyway! Thanks - Wild Turkey   For all the gifts you are making! - William   Great gift contributions! - Northernguy   thanks for the gifts - William   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BowlerGT   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - BowlerGT   

0 Not allowed!
    I dont think he needs advice anymore as it seems they banned blacksnow
    55 Gallon Freshwater

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Nice advice you gave to that fella who wanted to set up a small tank! - NanoTankGuy   You need another! - Northernguy   Thanks for the rep points - Celtic Fins   Everyone needs a frontosa - hybridguy   Thanks for the rep! - cer   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - domjd05   

0 Not allowed!
    why (besides the 2 closed threads..) was he banned?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift! - Northernguy   Welcome to the board! - Mith   Thanks for speaking your mind even though you are new - William   Congrats on the awards! - Jaster   Thanks! Heres on for you too :) - iZinedane   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by domjd05
    why (besides the 2 closed threads..) was he banned?
    I know this thread is still open and I thought things were remaining quite civil...There may have been things going on behind the scenes that we were not privy too....

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Awesome responce to the severum thread! - The Red Severum   Great poster. - mac   Thanks - Northernguy   Thanks! - LadyHatred   Thought you would like this. - fishbum   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm surprised he lasted as long as he did
    -Dr. James

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Embers
    ...There may have been things going on behind the scenes that we were not privy too....
    ...and there usually are. We work harder than you might think sometimes to make sure that the site stays as clean and as open as possible.

We don't discuss reasons for banning members. It would be inappropriate to do so. Understand though that we use the banning of members as a last resort after trying first to discuss situations with the offending member.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.