· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift is from me - Lady Hobbs   Welcome to the SW club - Drumachine09   Thanks for linking to AC - Lady Hobbs   Have a cold one, You've given a lot of good advice. - coachfraley   Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - unleashed   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - unleashed   

Default Another new and somewhat difficult fish

0 Not allowed!
    Picked this guy up yesterday:

He's not fat, but not skinny either and he should do well as I have plenty of critters in the tank

Also added a small (1/3 size of my hand) Tiger Brittle Star (Ophiolepis superba).

I also have a purple tang and a pair of Bangaii cardinals arriving tomorrow.

Some of you sharper eyed folks would have noticed that I have added sand

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the nice post - Lady Hobbs   a gift your you! - squirt_12   beautiful blue discus - Algenco   felt like it - Lady Hobbs   for all the help! - squirt_12   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    I did notice that. I wondered if you were going to keep that tank bare bottom. LOL Nice looking Mandarin. One of my favorite fish for sure. Can't wait to see pics of the Purple.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for listening and supproting me thanks - mitcore   congrats on the preg - mitcore   Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   yay for saving neglected fishies!! :) - shalafi04   Happy B'day - donvichu   

0 Not allowed!
    OK now I have no idea about marine stuff so taking a wild guess.

Is that a madarine goby or mandarine something? Think I've seen it before and just wanted to take a stab!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift is from me - Lady Hobbs   Welcome to the SW club - Drumachine09   Thanks for linking to AC - Lady Hobbs   Have a cold one, You've given a lot of good advice. - coachfraley   Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - unleashed   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - unleashed   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvMyGoldBarb
    I did notice that. I wondered if you were going to keep that tank bare bottom. LOL Nice looking Mandarin. One of my favorite fish for sure. Can't wait to see pics of the Purple.
    I can't wait to see the purple either.

To be honest, I have been toying with the idea of changing to BB for the last month and I actually went to the LFS to get sand and I bought this guy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fraggle
    OK now I have no idea about marine stuff so taking a wild guess.

Is that a madarine goby or mandarine something? Think I've seen it before and just wanted to take a stab!
    It's a mandarin fish (Synchiropus splendidus)

I am very hesitant to call them gobies for two reasons:

1. The term 'goby' implies they are much easier to keep than they really are

2. They aren't gobies. They are dragonets

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift! - Alfcea   you should get a gift! - Wild Turkey   Thyanks for the rep - Celtic Fins   Thanks for playing! - Brookfish   Thanks! - Agassizii   

0 Not allowed!
    beautiful guy! i want one so bad!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the rep friend :) - Compass   Merry Christmas! - rebecca_finny   Thanks for the rep! - AmazonJoe   Happy Holidays. - gadget228   Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! - Plecos   

0 Not allowed!
    what a beautiful fish
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Awesome responce to the severum thread! - The Red Severum   Great poster. - mac   Thanks - Northernguy   Thanks! - LadyHatred   Thought you would like this. - fishbum   

0 Not allowed!
    Mandarins are the most interesting looking fish in my book. I've always enjoyed them- best of luck to you.

For me, I've always had trouble keeping them in larger tanks, even with very peaceful tankmates. I've had the most success between 20-30g on them. I wish they were as easy as a goby to keep- I'd have one in all my tanks!
    -Dr. James

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - abaigael04   Here's another from me - Lady Hobbs   to go with the Angels - Algenco   congrats on your first award!! - Brookfish   For your tank,when its ready! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    congrats on the new Mandarin and looking forward to get one myself in a few months! Can't wait to see your purple tang Im still deciding if I want one or not.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Stunning fish!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need some presents - Lady Hobbs   wake up with coffee - Lady Hobbs   Cause I love myself,lol. - oldhead   Because you always have good advice! - Alfcea   saltwater fish for ya - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Congrats on the mandy, I have one also. They are great additions. Don't worry it'll be fat in no time.