· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Algenco
    the higher temp were in breeder tanks to accelerate spawns
    Understood, but I'm not trying to achieve that here. The Pristellas did fine at 76, so I'm sure they are ok around 78. They have a big range anyway.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Hope you are well man - robflanker   Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   Happy Birthday - mommy1   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster   

0 Not allowed!
    I've been keeping mine set to 80* and it hovers between 80-81*

So higher temps accelerate spawns? Would a higher temp bother those who aren't spawning? should it be turned back down after the spawn?

sorry for the quick thread jack...lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

RAK - DemonShark   CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs   for new bed - Lady Hobbs   for new wife - Lady Hobbs   to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaster
    I've been keeping mine set to 80* and it hovers between 80-81*

So higher temps accelerate spawns? Would a higher temp bother those who aren't spawning? should it be turned back down after the spawn?

sorry for the quick thread jack...lol

higher temps+ frequent large WC+ high quality varied diet= accelerated growth
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Guts  !!!!! - Algenco   good job on the video - Jaster   nice angels - KingFisher   Awesome angels! - domjd05   No Message - AquaLene   

0 Not allowed!
    Am I the ONLY person who thinks in DegC?
    The Metaphysics of Quality would show how things become enormously more coherent--fabulously more coherent--when you start with an assumption that Quality is the primary empirical reality of the world....
    ...but showing that, of course, was a very big job...."

An Inquiry into Morals

- Robert M. Pirsig

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congrats on MOTM! - Jacko   Another round for my friends - mommy1   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Thanks for your kind words in my blog, it really dose help - Cliff   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - The Red Severum   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Red Severum   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Red Severum   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - The Red Severum   HIV/AIDS - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetpets
    Am I the ONLY person who thinks in DegC?
    there are few of you, so you better learn DegF

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

great taste in fish! - Brookfish   Have another! Thanks - Northernguy   here's a gift for being so helpful and for keeping geos! - Crispy   To remind you to get some cory's lol - Brookfish   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Guts  !!!!! - Algenco   good job on the video - Jaster   nice angels - KingFisher   Awesome angels! - domjd05   No Message - AquaLene   

0 Not allowed!
    Bast-id! RE: Metric! (btate617 and RedSev)

WHEN WILL AMERICA CATCH UP WITH AFRICA?????

Now I have to WORK on this FM.

B"as above" !!!!!!!

PS: Obviously the 'empire' did not get to you... ROFL
    Last edited by Wetpets; 06-26-2009 at 06:20 PM.
    The Metaphysics of Quality would show how things become enormously more coherent--fabulously more coherent--when you start with an assumption that Quality is the primary empirical reality of the world....

An Inquiry into Morals

- Robert M. Pirsig

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congrats on MOTM! - Jacko   Another round for my friends - mommy1   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Thanks for your kind words in my blog, it really dose help - Cliff   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - The Red Severum   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Red Severum   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Red Severum   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - The Red Severum   HIV/AIDS - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    ^
    Wow

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Last post deleted:

OK

An Inquiry into Morals

- Robert M. Pirsig

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by btate617
    Wow! I'm so glad you are going to look up conversions!!!

I though I might have to!

Cheers

..... LOL ......

An Inquiry into Morals

- Robert M. Pirsig