· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    PETA would never do that. Their intent is to have NO pets. NOTHING in captiviity. Also, as everything i've seen on them anyway, they would rather just kill as a way to save the fish.

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    this may be a bit late but PETA must just take the lowest of the low pet shops and think there the gold standard for pet shops. an arowana ina 10 gallon (how is that possible) is different from a shool of danios and such in a 55 gallon. PETA acts like taking captive breed animals and giving them a safe home is a horrible crime, where leting a species go extinct is more noble. theres a name for that: complete apathy for the environment. now i dont support selling of lear's macaws or jaguars as pets, when they are hardly seen anywhere in the world, but if a species, say the timber wolf; goes extinct in the wild, how else would we bring it back but by breeding zoo stock? PETA is just a group of radicals and '60s burnouts looking for something to do.

75 gallon freshwater, 1 pleco, 1 pumkinseed hybrid sunfish, 1 crayfish, 1 sengal bichir,1 convict cichlid.
    45 gallon-ball python-20 gallon-honduran milk snake. 35 gallon-black rat snake
    10 gallon-black rat snake
    90 gallon reef tank
    10 gallon, 2 darters, 2 cory cats
    come over and count all the scales at my house some time!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by deckard_wa
    Come to think of it, why wouldn't a fish want to live in a tank? There are no predators out to get them, they get fed regularly, their every need is taken care of and they don't have to work for it, most have never even seen a stream or river.

Agreed. This could be said for any animal that is kept properly in captivity. Any animal's primary concern is food, safety from predators and perhaps the opportunity to successfully procreate. The concept that animals need or particularly care for "open space" or "freedom" beyond their daily exercise requirements is something that humans project upon these animals.
    65 Gallon Low Tech Planted

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think my favorite thing about that article, is how it suggests a number of times to talk to the store employees about the specific care for the fish, which we all know is a death trap for the fish. And not to mention, after them saying that pet stores are more or less evil.
    10g Community planted [java fern, anubias nana, crypts, vals]; male HMP betta [Carcharias], lophiobagrus catfish, blood-fin tetras, ember tetras
    Journal

3g Planted [java fern, crypt]; male delta tail red dragon [Asmodeus]

30g Planned African community with kribs, African Butterfly Fish and dither

Awards Showcase

here ya go! - Agassizii No Message - robflanker No Message - Tetris dude, you need to chill - Lab_Rat just cause - Twe3k 
    Ate a bunch of - Kaz you aint all bad,have a guardian dragon. - smaug No Message - Agassizii A red helmet awaits you beneath the rainbow... - Tetris Sorry about Ares - Jill 
    A bass from the creek under Rainbow Bridge! - Agassizii In remembrance of this thread:  http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=54355 - domjd05 No Message - Agassizii NEVER post before you think - Tetris No Message - Agassizii 
    You have awesome paint skillz! - Agassizii welcome back! - Lab_Rat welcome back - mommy1 welcome back! - Aeonflame Your story was awesome! - Lab_Rat 
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pele 

0 Not allowed!
    Now honestly, I hate PETA, but you guys have to at least give them credit for having good fishkeeping facts about ph and such at the end
    Have you had your daily dosage of Pele?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJLII...ature=youtu.be
    ^Shaving is hard^

0 Not allowed!
    Old thread but I'd like to reiterate:

PETA is the DEVIL!

Sark

1G Planted Betta tank, 1.5G Planted Betta tank, 10G Planted Swordtail Fry tank,
    10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G
    My aquarium (and more) videos on YouTube

0 Not allowed!
    Closed thread so these old threads are not brought to life again!