· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome - Algenco   PIZZAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Sarkazmo   For buying an API test kit - gabbyguppy   No Message - Mith   Happy Birthday - Northernguy   

Angry )*&*(&%&^(*&^(*&%$

0 Not allowed!
    I just managed to kill one of my male VT betta. Was cleaning his tank and he got sucked into the hose, I immediately got him out but it was too late.

I'm about ready to just give up on aquarium...

1G Planted Betta tank, 1.5G Planted Betta tank, 10G Planted Swordtail Fry tank,
    10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G
    My aquarium (and more) videos on YouTube

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs   Have a beer on me - sailor   Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75   happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes   Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarkazmo

I'm about ready to just give up on aquarium...
    If I had a dollar for everytime Ive heard that.

The hobby can be frustrating, and requires a lot of patience no matter how deep you delve.

Sorry for you loss , but these things do happen. All we can do is try to learn from our mistakes

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's  to getting well! - Rue   Happy Holidays! - Boundava   A cup of coffee to get your day started. - gadget228   For 10K posts, finally - Slaphppy7   Merry Christmas! - Boundava   
    HIV/AIDS - William   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - William   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for your loss. But if you think about it I am sure you will find that hobby gives more than it takes even if it feels hard sometimes.
    Do as I say. Not as I do.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Hope you are well man - robflanker   Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   Happy Birthday - mommy1   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster   

0 Not allowed!
    I've done that a few times... the nosey little buggers don't leave they python alone. Don't give up though...

Sorry for your loss though...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

welcome - Algenco   PIZZAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Sarkazmo   For buying an API test kit - gabbyguppy   No Message - Mith   Happy Birthday - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    He was beautiful... purple and orange... I'd never seen one like him. He'd built a huge bubble nest over the past two days. I wanted to mate him when the girls got big enough. All that's lost now.

I think I'll just go back to bed and be done with this day.

Sark

10G Neolamprologus Multifasciatus (Shell Dweller) tank. Empty/Work in Progress 135G, 40GB, 2 x 20GL, 2 x 10G

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Great job on your cycle! Hope the tank brings many years of happiness! - Ryuu   Thanks to you too! - William   major suck up!  LOLOL - Lady Hobbs   Congrats on the little Fishpatrick on the Way!!! - Fishalicious   for my munchies - mrs fishpatrick   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - mrs fishpatrick   

0 Not allowed!
    sorry to hear that
    juwel rio 180
    , 6 odessa barbs, 9 neon tetra, 3 keyhole cichlids, apistogramma cacatuoides, countless shrimp, apple snails
    10G (dozens of) blue pearl shrimp
    70L with jewel cichlid female
    7G tank 12 CRS (more like 60 at this stage)

Thirty-five is when you finally get your head together ,and your body starts falling apart.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Thats why I still use buckets with my gravel cleaner! I can pick out the fry or any other fish that get sucked up!
    I am sorry to hear about yours!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift on AC, Welcome to the forum! - Brookfish   welcome - Algenco   Welcome to AC - Celtic Fins   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your award. - Celtic Fins   
    Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - rich311k   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - rich311k   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - rich311k   

0 Not allowed!
    I am sorry for the loss. Things like that do happen. Don't give up.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for your loss. This type of thing happens to the best of us. And it is not nice.

But it does happen. Practice helps to solve this. For fish like bettas always have your finger on the end of the syphon is you are using a syphon to bucket type thing. So if the betta comes near the syphon you can stop the syphon stopping him her getting hurt.

If not and it is some other type of system, place a small mesh over the syphon. That will help keep the bettas safe in future.

mac

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I had my finger on the far end, it was also clamped down a bit to not allow full flow. He was just the right size to just fit in the tube. The siphon pulled him about a foot into the tube. It happened so (*&(*&^(^&^))* fast! I had to let the water push him back out. He went into spasms and that was it. He was gone. He was completely healthy, next moment he was dead. I know it happens, I know it was an accident but I f'd up and it cost him his life.

Sark