· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a fish for your tank because you've been so patient with cycling - mommy1   Chill out with a beer after the longest fishless cycle ever!  You deserve it! - Fraoch   Congrats on the cycle!  Another little fish for a little tank! - Sir Tristen   Angel for your g/f, good luck keeping the 55! lol - Jaster   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaster
    I'm still having a hard time finding white stone to use though. I did find some white tufa stone that might do but the pieces are pretty small... was hoping to find something a bit bigger...
    Any suggestions?
    FINALLY! Glad you got this going

Try a rock/gravel place, thats where I got some stuff from
    30g - Planted - need to do some serious rethinking
    20g - planning
    MS-II

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Hope you are well man - robflanker   Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   Happy Birthday - mommy1   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster   

0 Not allowed!
    Just for you rob! lol

Well I just found out (after a spiffy call to the town to confirm my tests at home were telling me) the town has added "purifiyers" to the city water. Would have been cool if they let us know. But hey... we're just the people right?

Anyway... so now I'm stuck with a 7.6ish ph. Not a huge deal but still pisses me off. The main tank has always been 7.8 because of the background so no biggie there but my guppy, fry, and Angel tanks have gone up from 7.2ish. I just don't want the increase to hurt my fish... if I had known about this BEFORE it happened I wouldn't have done such large water changes over the weekend. Could have brought the fish up slowly... but no... *insert long list of swears here... then make a few up...* Grrrrr.....
    Anyway...

on the plus side... I found some white Fuller Honeycomb rock and some white tufa stones at one of the local fish stores. The store said the honeycomb rock would bring my ph up to 7.6 - 7.8... so I didn't buy any. So now I figure this all out and it looks like it's going to be there anyway so... I'm buying stone this week to make myself feel better! lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    some nice chunks of driftwood will probably bring your pH down a bit... angels dig the tannins too!
    Nice tank BTW!
    your friendly neighbourhood arowanaman!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas Hailey :) - MeganL3985   Cause your cool!!! - jbeining75   have a beer! - cocoa_pleco   Have to buy a Lady from my neck of the woods a drink - sailor   Heres to one year! - Tolley   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hailey   

0 Not allowed!
    I love the asian zen theme! Cant wait to see what other decorations you put in there!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congratulations on the cycled tank!! - mommy1   Too bad you cant really open them... - DemonShark   congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   thanks for the rock elp. - krystalsohun   hang in there - mommy1   
    Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jackson17   

0 Not allowed!
    Love it. Are they all going to stay in there?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I am sorry for jumping to conclusions! - Gayle   Just because!!! - Mith   Happy Birthday - Celtic Fins   Happy Birthday! - KingFisher   Happy birthday - Jaster   

0 Not allowed!
    Looks like a nice set up! Good Job!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Hope you are well man - robflanker   Thanks for the birthday wishes - mommy1   Happy Birthday - mommy1   
    Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Jaster   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jaster   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks all!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackson17
    Love it. Are they all going to stay in there?
    I think thats going to depend on who pairs up and if these guys atart to get aggressive towards each other. Most of them have been together since they were a month old so they're pretty much use to each other. I would like to keep them all in there but if I end up with a solid 6 I'll be thrilled. The remaining can always be moved back to the main tank.

I can't wait to finish this either. Now I just need to come up with something to do with the rocks I'm getting and try to make some nice cave out of them. I also found some more bamboo plants that are in all kinds of shapes and groups. The other thing I want to do is take some of the small colored flat stones and make some kind of pattern in the sand. Should be fun to do.
    I just have to buy small pieces at a time so I don't get into trouble...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaster
    I just have to buy small pieces at a time so I don't get into trouble...
    Trouble? Just because you can't buy groceries for the week because you spent all that money on aquarium stuff doesn't mean you're in for trouble.

You could always eat NYLONS.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Beast is getting pretty defensive of his and Beauty's corner. He isn't bitting anyone but he's got a hell of a head butt and won't think twice about chasing the others the whole length of the tank. lol. He has pretty much taken over the right side of the tank from the filter tube to the glass. lol

I placed a couple pieces of rainbow slate in the corners last night. Doesn't go with the tank but owell it will do for now. I honestly think they have the filter tube in mind for their nest. I went to touch the tube and both of them were right there nipping at my hand. I thought about moving the filter but I don't want to tick them off and miss a first spawning. so if that where they go... I guess I'll cope.

Their reproductive organs are sticking out now too. So I'm expecting some kind of activity soon. I hope they do this when I'm awake so I can get some cool pictures!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    Trouble? Just because you can't buy groceries for the week because you spent all that money on aquarium stuff doesn't mean you're in for trouble.

You could always eat NYLONS.

Hey everyone in the house said they wanted to go on a diet anyway. If we don't have the money to waste on food then we can eliminate the problem all together! I'm just trying to help!!