· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Angels :(

Default My Angels :(

0 Not allowed!
    I added 3 angels to my tank the the day before yesterday, and one of them died! No signs of disease at all. They have all been shy, hiding together in a corner, but since they're new I didn't worry about it. NOW another one looks like it may kick the bucket! My water is fine, I was very patient putting them in the tank, I took over an hour acclimating them :( What's going on? All the other fish look fine.
    10 Gallon FW with Male Betta, 1 male Endler, and 5 Zebra Danios, 100 Gallon with Sevs, Acaras, Parrots and Loaches.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...

Awards Showcase

thanks for good advice - hobbs ROADTRIP! - Drumachine09 We'll need a case of these for the roadtrip, got the humvee waitin. lol - cocoa_pleco NO plants = Sour grapes  LOL - hobbs Wooden Spoon Protection! - Drumachine09 
    Cheers Buddy! I appreciate it! - slingham64 for coming to Hobbs aid again - Lady Hobbs for answering 300 stupid ?? without blinking - Lady Hobbs thanks for the plant help. A clovers the closest gift to a plant. lol - cocoa_pleco Agree to Disagree....kinda - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for the help! - holbritter all you need now is some chips and salsa then you will be set. - sergo R.I.P. Canadian - gm72 I can't eat anymore. - Drumachine09 For your generosity - aliz340 
    my clado will be swimming in pop! thanks again! - xoolooxunny Have a martini on me.  It's the least I could do to say thanks for all the help you've given me. - hungryhound for kindness amd generosity - Algenco Thanks for the help all the time! - zackish Love Your Posts--Your Very Knowledgeable! :) - MeganL3985 

0 Not allowed!
    How long had the LFS had the angels? Is there any signs of aggression from tankmates? And do you know if the water at your house is much different from the water at the LFS?
    Foshizzle.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not sure how long they'd had them at the store, but their shipments are on Thurs and Fri and I was in there on Monday. No aggression at all, the otehr fish just ignore the angels.
    Our water is similar to the lfs since we are in the same city. Other fish that I got at the same store, Neons, are fine and doing well.
    10 Gallon FW with Male Betta, 1 male Endler, and 5 Zebra Danios, 100 Gallon with Sevs, Acaras, Parrots and Loaches.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...

0 Not allowed!
    Weird... the main thing i was thinking was stress. But with such a slow acclimation and being at the LFS for a few days it doesnt seem like it would be that. Hopefully your other 2 survive

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If they had just got them in the previous week it might be stress from being moved so offten. Its usually a good idea to let the fish settle a little at the LFS right after they get in becuase they are stressed from shipment anyways and moving them. I know its hard when you see them you want to take them home right away believe me im the same way. I would be willing to bet though that your LFS will hold the fish for you while they are getting used to where they are then in a week or so they should be good to go. I had this happen with a black ghost I got. They just got him in the day before and he look fine at the store took him home perfect water match and dead in a couple days. Good luck with the others and the LFS might offer you a replacement mine did.
    55 Gallon - Angelfish Display - Aquaclear70 and TetraTec 300
    20 Gallon - Tiger Barb - 2 AquaClear30s
    10 Gallon - Betta - AquaClear20

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry you lost your angels. They may have been in a diseased tank at the store and were already ill when you got them. I generally buy mine the day they come in because of the crummy conditions at the store but you should see the way the poor things are shipped. Dozens of them in one bag.

Angels are funny. My DIL kills every angel she gets and I've never lost even one. Hard to figure out sometimes.
    Last edited by hobbs; 02-21-2007 at 05:19 PM.

0 Not allowed!
    Over Stocked tank.
    Wife's Tank
    20 Gallon tall
    In the process of heavily planting with dual T5's
    After planted and cycled- 6-Pygmy Cories, 4-Red Wag Platys, 6-X-ray Tetras and 2 Mystery Snails.

My tank
    120 Gallon with 2 Florida Atlantic Stingrays and 6-12 Mystery Snails - when I finish cycling my wife's tank.

Awards Showcase

thanks for good advice - hobbs ROADTRIP! - Drumachine09 We'll need a case of these for the roadtrip, got the humvee waitin. lol - cocoa_pleco NO plants = Sour grapes  LOL - hobbs Wooden Spoon Protection! - Drumachine09 
    Cheers Buddy! I appreciate it! - slingham64 for coming to Hobbs aid again - Lady Hobbs for answering 300 stupid ?? without blinking - Lady Hobbs thanks for the plant help. A clovers the closest gift to a plant. lol - cocoa_pleco Agree to Disagree....kinda - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for the help! - holbritter all you need now is some chips and salsa then you will be set. - sergo R.I.P. Canadian - gm72 I can't eat anymore. - Drumachine09 For your generosity - aliz340 
    my clado will be swimming in pop! thanks again! - xoolooxunny Have a martini on me.  It's the least I could do to say thanks for all the help you've given me. - hungryhound for kindness amd generosity - Algenco Thanks for the help all the time! - zackish Love Your Posts--Your Very Knowledgeable! :) - MeganL3985 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by freshwaterfishlover
    Over Stocked tank.
    The only way an overstocked tank would have killed her angelfish in that short amount of time is if ammonia levels spiked, and she said the water was fine. More than likely, it's just the stress of having to endure 2 consecutive tank changes in a short period of time.
    Foshizzle.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by freshwaterfishlover
    Over Stocked tank.
    NO, as a matter of fact, it is NOT overstocked. Not only is it a 40gal tank, it has enough filtration for a 70gal.

0 Not allowed!
    OH, and the 2nd one has passed as well. The last one left seems alright still.