· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas Hailey :) - MeganL3985   Cause your cool!!! - jbeining75   have a beer! - cocoa_pleco   Have to buy a Lady from my neck of the woods a drink - sailor   Heres to one year! - Tolley   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hailey   

0 Not allowed!
    Update:

So for the last week there has been a huge forest fire here, and its almost at my grandmas house, and its deff. on the back end of the property. So My boyfriend is up there with a couple other guys protecting the house (no insurance due to two wood stoves, but only one in right now so we could get insurance, but now its too late...)

So that means we wount be able to get the tank back together for a little while.

The glass is all ready on the deck, used paint thinner to take off all the small stuff, then rubbed the glass down wth rubbing alcohol. We are just waiting to get some silicone and get it back together! I cant wait. Then we got to figure out the whole trim thing, but we'll just have to make it work.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas Hailey :) - MeganL3985   Cause your cool!!! - jbeining75   have a beer! - cocoa_pleco   Have to buy a Lady from my neck of the woods a drink - sailor   Heres to one year! - Tolley   

0 Not allowed!
    UPDATE:

So we bought our sislicone and I were going to try to put it back together tomorrow!!! I cant wait! I'm sort of scared though. I would die if it ever leaked again.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    so we are still in the process of siliconeing!!!! This is our first time doing it, so theres a lot of things that well, go wrong, lol. Currently we have the laft hand side panel on the bottom, and the front on! Also its a lot hardre to do this tank because the bottom has to "float". Do to that, we put the bottom inside the trim, which has edges around the inside so the the bottom panel is lifted above where the other panels will sit...if that made any sense, lol. But its the perfect way of measuring.

Anyways we had to take the other side panel off because, well the glass doesnt fit perfectly. We had the two side panels on, let it sit for a day, then we put the front panel on. The one side where the front and side panel met was great, but the other wasnt! Also we had to put on a lot of extra silicone on and try to push it down in there with our fingers. We got the bottom, and one side good, but then it was too late to fix the other side. It was drying already.

Right now I just went out and took the messed up side panel off, and am now, again, trying to get all the silicone off!!! Man its a lot of work. But hopefully I can get it done! I then have to put the inside seal on, then do the BIG water Test!!! Im scared, lol. If we did all that work for nothing, I'll be mad. lol

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy   Active! - Wild Turkey   Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish   Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy   Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    I hope it all works out...it sounds like a LOT of work!!!
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Holy cow its a lot of work!

So Im almost done! I just spent a few hours outside, taking silicone off, cleaning the glass, scraping the black painted background off, and siliconing the other two pieces on.

And HOLY did these two pieces go on a lot better than the first ones!!! This time we put lots of silicone on, so we didnt have to rush trying to get more silicone in the seams! It was a disaster last time.

So now I wait a couple days, take the excess silicone off of the inner walls, and then I can put the finishing, inside seal on and done!!! See if it holds water too...

I'll be back with more!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, and I was wondering, if its not perfect, will it not be ok?

Like if the silicone isnt perfect, or the glass isnt perfectly straight, etc., is the tank going to be ok?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Nevermind about that, were getting a brand new 90 gallon!

Were picking it up on friday hopefully, and I cant wait! I also have a bunch of plants comming too. Now we need to fiqure out the lighting situation.

Now can I change the name of this journal? or just start a new one?