· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I am sorry for jumping to conclusions! - Gayle   Just because!!! - Mith   Happy Birthday - Celtic Fins   Happy Birthday! - KingFisher   Happy birthday - Jaster   

0 Not allowed!
    I looked at the holes again. There is only one hole that fish would go through and be able to get stuck in. The rest are already sealed off and just have a chunk missing that shows bare glass. It is the hole made for the heater to fit in. I will need to find a way to seal it up and just have the heater sit in the tank as it would in my others.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

LadyHobbs - Lady Hobbs   Happy Easter! - Northernguy   For your great pieces of advice! - Alfcea   Flounder! - jaysee   Thank you for the help on the plants! - angc84   

0 Not allowed!
    A simple solution would be to cut an Aquaclear spong to shape and stuff it in there. This would allow you to remove it if you ever want to put a heater behind it again.
    55g: Future home of a green terror and 2 convicts
    29g: Convicts, tiger barbs, corys, snails
    29g: 3 fancy goldfish
    5g: Betta

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy   Active! - Wild Turkey   Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish   Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy   Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    You'd be surprised at the small spaces that a fish can get into. Be careful...if a fish dies in there, you'll have to strip off the background, which is going to be a real pain!
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Agassizii, just a question. Are you sure you can't get that background out of the tank without damaging the tank\glass? I'm only asking because IMHO that would be a better solution.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I am sorry for jumping to conclusions! - Gayle   Just because!!! - Mith   Happy Birthday - Celtic Fins   Happy Birthday! - KingFisher   Happy birthday - Jaster   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    Agassizii, just a question. Are you sure you can't get that background out of the tank without damaging the tank\glass? I'm only asking because IMHO that would be a better solution.
    I'm pretty sure that I can't. I toom off a small piece and it took a lot of effort just to get that piece off. They are cemented on really good, so I don't want to risk cracking the glass in the process.

I have recieved the NLS food, Compact Flourescent Lights, Co2 system and flourite. All came in excellent condition except the compact flourescent bulb was cracked.

I still am waiting for the order of the airstones, two other NLS foods, nets and the algae scraper to arrive. They should be here end of this week or early next week.

My next order will contain the plants and the new compact flourescent bulb. That will be ordered within the next 2 weeks. By then I will have obtained the other packages, smooth rocks/terricotta pots and gallons of distilled water. I plan to fill the tank with 60-80% distilled water and the reamining room with tap because my tap is to hard and alkaline for the ram eggs to develop properly.

For plants I am thinking of Echindorus Tennellus and Cryptocorne Lutea. May add a few other species, but I think those two will be included for sure. At some point I will purchase a few olive nerites and zebra nerites to help keep the tank clean.

All for now
    Last edited by Agassizii; 06-30-2009 at 11:19 PM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Good ideea, i`m also thinking about a small tank to breed ramirezi or altispinosa(or who knows...maybe even the angelfish)

But for now...PICS PICS PICS!!
    Thou shallt watch the aquarium from time to time!

My 60 gallon(almost finished)

60 gallon tank:

6 Bolivian Rams(altispinosa)
    2 botia macracanthus
    2 botia lohakata
    1 botia sidhtimunki + 1 botia zodiac
    5 angelfish
    4 gourami
    9 neon tetra
    4 SAE
    3 cory albino,2 cory aeneus,1x synodontis eupterus
    2 xipho

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I am finishing up a plant list and will have it posted when I return from my camping trip this weekend. Then, with some help, I will determine which plants would be best to use and remove the others.

I will also post the Co2, lights and other factors that may determine whether some plants are suitable.

Echindorus Tennellus and Cryptocoryne Lutea are two species that will be on this list.