Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default The plan for my new 20 tall!

0 Not allowed!
    1 Neon Blue Dwarf Gourami
    2 German Blue Rams
    4 Panda Cories
    5 Sunset Platies

thoughts?

oh, quick question. can you mix different color varieties of the cories and platies? or would it be best to get the same type?
    Last edited by pandalize; 06-07-2009 at 08:37 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

LadyHobbs - Lady Hobbs   Happy Easter! - Northernguy   For your great pieces of advice! - Alfcea   Flounder! - jaysee   Thank you for the help on the plants! - angc84   

0 Not allowed!
    Platys are fine mixed, they will interbreed and you'll get some interesting color outcomes. I have twinbars and tuxedos mixed together. Corys need to be in groups of their own since they will segregate.
    55g: Future home of a green terror and 2 convicts
    29g: Convicts, tiger barbs, corys, snails
    29g: 3 fancy goldfish
    5g: Betta

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

here you go - KingFisher   here is one :) - The Red Severum   thank you - Lady Hobbs   BECAUSE YOUR COOL - waterhog   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    I think that will a nice tank. Make sure you get one male and one female ram.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cer
    I think that will a nice tank. Make sure you get one male and one female ram.
    Yep, i've got a male one right now. We only have this tiny little fish store here, so it might be awhile until I can track down a female. Anyone know any good places to buy fish online?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

just felt like celebrating today. - gabbyguppy   thanks for the plants - mommy1   Congrats on the new cube tank! - Pleco380   GRRR back at you - mommy1   Thanks for all the plants! - Lab_Rat   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jacko   

0 Not allowed!
    Best place to find good quality fish IMO is www.aquabid.com, just check the sellers feedback before bidding.

It looks pretty good stocking wise, but I'd do at least 5 pandas. Make sure you have a soft sandy substrate for the cories to prevent them harming their barbels.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift! - Northernguy   Merry Christmas! - Northernguy   Here ya go :) - Nick89   Thanks for the plants.  My CPD's thank you too! - Sir Tristen   And a pretty plant for you too! - Sir Tristen   

0 Not allowed!
    i think this might work a little better as a long rather than a tall just to give everyone a little more room away from each other.
    30gL heavily planted: south american community tank
    15g mod. planted: nano fish community tank
    6g long(custom tank) mod planted: 6 bettas w/ dividers

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for having so many tanks :) - NanoTankGuy   For being a good teacher and helping to educate me! - chel   They didn't have any platys so I got you a pleco! lol - Northernguy   For you mate. - mac   Thanks for all your help and input regarding setting up my 55 gallon!!! - emilyekk   

0 Not allowed!
    Pandas are smaller than other corys and would be good for a 20L, but I think pygmies are a much better fit to a 20H. I base this on the fact that I have a 20H next to a 29 (same footprint as a 20L) with corys. They definitely like having a bunch of friends and larger schools tend to school more. I've kept corys with gravel and have not run into any issues. The ones in the tank I switched to sand don't seem to care either way, IMO.
    125 - BGK, pictus cats, silver dollars, kissing gouramis, palmas bichir, delhezi bichir
    125 - Red severum, bolivian rams, Turquoise rainbows, irian red rainbows, loaches (angelicus, zebra, kuhli and horseface), plecos (BN, RL and clown), denison barbs, pearl gouramis
    90 - Congo tetras, african knife, elephant nose, spotted ctenopoma, upside down cats

QTs - 29, 20H, 20L, 10