· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For looking after your horse! - Rue   this is the best i could do :) - karbomb   Good work! - Northernguy   Just for being you! - Mith   One for your Troup! - Brookfish   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Owlbehere   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Owlbehere   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Owlbehere   

Default Owl's 20g planted journal

0 Not allowed!
    Okay guys I am sitting on my floor at the moment surrounded by filter parts.

I just got home from shopping! I had a 30% off employee appreciation discount at Petsmart and got a 20g set up. I wanted something small that I could have while we get the house ready to sell and move to Idaho. My other tanks are getting sold and staying behind with friends.

Purchase List:
    20 gallon high tank, Black trim
    Wrought iron stand for a 10/20g tank, Black
    Glass top
    Perfect a strip light, Black (this is until I get a really nice one)
    Rena XP1 canister filter rated for 45 gallons
    100 watt heater
    Glass in tank thermometer
    Air pump
    Long air stone strip
    Small CO2 thingy... It was on sale for 10.99
    Bag of Flourite

I have some filter floss that has been in my other tanks a while, I'm hoping to use it to cycle the tank. My betta will move in first. Then a few plants and fish later.
    This is a low light/med light (when I get a better light) tank
    With a Betta, Harlequin rasbora, and something else maybe.
    I think the betta will love his upgrade from 3g to 20!

I will post photos tonight!
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For looking after your horse! - Rue   this is the best i could do :) - karbomb   Good work! - Northernguy   Just for being you! - Mith   One for your Troup! - Brookfish   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Owlbehere   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Owlbehere   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Owlbehere   

Default Photo time :)

0 Not allowed!
    This filter rocks! The tank started out cloudy and murky and is clearing up sooo fast. I'm getting a background and more driftwood tomorrow.

Empty shot

Filling up

FTS (cloudy)

I'm going to post more when I set up the BG and other Driftwood.
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Addition of some fish and plants

0 Not allowed!
    Okay so today I got two new driftwood pieces and 2 Java ferns. One driftwood had it attached already and so that totaled 3 Java ferns. The mopani wood is floating in the tank and I don't have anything to weigh it down so I'm letting it soak up the water and sink when it is ready. I also don't mind it staining the water for a while. BTW, I forgot the background.
    I got 3 harlequin rasbora to start my school. The betta is chasing them a little but I think more out of curiosity not aggression. He isn't flaring or nipping just getting really close and looking at them. In fact he has stopped. Hopefully I don't wake up to dead fish.
    The Java fern isn't tied down but is wedged in the nooks well and I think will stay. I hope they perk up. They are not looking that great but were the best ones available.
    I'm worried about the stand the tank is on and will post a question where more people will see it. It is designed for a 20g but the sides do not have support all around. Thinking of draining it and putting wood underneath it.
    PHOTOS:

2 Java ferns (the one in the back is the one that came with the wood)

Other Java fern

Only single rasbora photo that came out

Betta in plant
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!

FTS

edit: The water looks very un-level in this photo. But when I looked at the tank it doesn't look this off... Maybe the angle?
    Last edited by Owlbehere; 06-07-2009 at 04:46 AM.
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy New Year - mommy1   Happy Drink Like a Viking Friday! - KevinVA   Good Morning :-) - Taurus   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Just to let you know I'm thinking about you. Better things will come. - Taurus   
    Gay and Lesbian Pride - MCHRKiller   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - MCHRKiller   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - MCHRKiller   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MCHRKiller   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - MCHRKiller   

0 Not allowed!
    Tanks looking great! THe betta sure looks like a happy guy in there as well.
    3x75 gallons|1x55 gallon|2x40 gallons

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Houston we have a problem. Well I was worried about this stand... Its not supporting the tank properly and one of the seams is getting milky. I hope it last till I get home. I'm going to move the tank to another stand for the time being return this stand... Then when I get my next paycheck purchase a new tank and return this one. I don't like having a tank with bad seams.
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Fresh start... I like it already!

0 Not allowed!
    So this morning I wrote that I was having an issue with the stand. I ended up getting today a new tank and stand. I tore down the old one and set up the new in about 30 min or less... GOTTA LOVE A PYHON. Well its looking really great. The new stand was on sale for 35.00 from 99.00. I'm returning the other stuff tomorrow while at work. I am still amazed that this filter clears the water so fast .

The plants seem to be perking up. Still have brown spots but seem to be "opening" up. They are less wrinkled up. The middle driftwood sunk down into its spot. The betta likes to nestle down in between the two java ferns. I'm hoping Friday I can get 3 more rasbora.

PHOTOS:

New Stand

Tank

The Rasbora and betta hiding.
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Thanks for profiles - William   Profiles and being generally awesome. - William   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Oscar_freak12321   

0 Not allowed!
    That's looking great Owl! Good luck!
    the statement below is false
    the statement above is true
    which one is true?
    Got a small tank? Check out Fishalicious' small fish list! http://fishaliciousfish.blogspot.com...-for-nano.html
    Got a big fish you just can't handle? Check out Monster Fish Rescue! http://www.monsterfishrescue.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks! This stand is solid and supports the tank well... Oh and I spent a good bit of time making sure it was dead level. I don't think I will have that problem anytime soon. I need more rasbora. Although mine have colored up well and are in a scattered school.
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your award. - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    wow, looks great. what a home for a betta! i bet he's happy. you should look into getting some more plants. wouldn't want the nutrient-rich substrate to go to waste... and the fish would enjoy more plants to hide in and feel secure.
    where did you get the wood?
    everything looks great!