· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Thread: My Betta

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default My Betta

0 Not allowed!
    Hi guys, i just signd up like 2mins ago so dont mind me if i post stuff in the wrong place

i have
    1 red halfmoon male fighter
    1 Dark red halfmoon female fighter
    1 pure C/T blue male fighter
    1 pure C/T red/blue female fighter
    and 1 blue/red PK?? male fighter

so all up i have 3 males and 2 females

have been thinking of breeding my crown tails i have a small tank and another small tank so was thinking of getting them to breed then sepertaing the fry into 2 groups?

and what would my success be with them breeding?

and do they have a ratio of more male fighters surviving than females??

cheers =)
    Last edited by Dayz15; 06-05-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - korith   For you! Thanks! - Northernguy   Here's a fish for you that no idiot can kill no matter what you say !! - SkinnyChicken   Happy Birthday - Northernguy   This should help make you feel better! lol - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Well, from my experience, you wont' need to seperate males for a few weeks. They are slow growers. Get yourself lots of containers and maybe look for potential homes before you do let them breed. As well, when you do have fry, water changes are very important; even more-so than normal.
    "It is better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees."
    - Albert Camus

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Howdy neighbor ! - Algenco   Thanks mate - Tolley   Merry Christmas! :) - KrytterKrys   Happy New Year! - Northernguy   Welcome back! - Northernguy   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Gayle   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Gayle   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Gayle   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Gayle   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Gayle   

0 Not allowed!
    I have never bred Bettas, so I cant help ya here. But.........

Hello and welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Gayle

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals"
    Sir Winston Churchill
    For info on endangered species:
    http://www.iucnredlist.org/
    For cool images/weather info:
    http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    thats ok, and HI

and ohk, yes i know the water changes are a needed thing, so when should i start the water changes? and howmuch should i be changing?

and to my question at the bottom of my first post,
    do you get males more than females

like i breed rats and the persentage of males to females is basicaly 1:3

so we get way more males than females (if any females at all)
    more females then males is unusual and lucky

cheers
    193L tank, 2 wild angels, 2 golden angels, 1 silver shark, 2 kribs, 1 redspot plec, 1 f/m Green severum, 2 sterbai corydora, 3 red jewels, 1 upsidedown catfish.

60L tank, Breeding pair green severums.

85L tank, 14 rosy barbs, 30-40 guppies, 1 golden severum fry, 1 goldspot plec, 2 sterbai corydora, 2 albino corydora, 2 C/T fighters, 2 Halfmoon fighters, 1 PK fighter, 1 leopard danio, 1 albino krib

13L tank, 3 green severum fry

13L tank, fry tank

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the Fabulous AC!
    Have you got yourself a liquid test kit to monitor your water quality?
    Have you read the free e-book on the left?Please read this.It will help yuou understand how an aquarium and the nitrogen cycle work.
    There is a thread on cycling a tank in the begiiners section.It will also help.
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For showing the beauty of fish perfectly x - Fishalicious   Congratulations on your photo award! - fins_n_fur   very helpful member - Lady Hobbs   thanks for all the help - Cassandra   I didn't give you a gift yet?! Well here you go. - Tolley   
    Autism - Brookfish   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to the Forum!
    Mike!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayz15
    Hi guys, i just signd up like 2mins ago so dont mind me if i post stuff in the wrong place

i have
    1 red halfmoon male fighter
    1 Dark red halfmoon female fighter
    1 pure C/T blue male fighter
    1 pure C/T red/blue female fighter
    and 1 blue/red PK?? male fighter

so all up i have 3 males and 2 females

have been thinking of breeding my crown tails i have a small tank and another small tank so was thinking of getting them to breed then sepertaing the fry into 2 groups?

and what would my success be with them breeding?

and do they have a ratio of more male fighters surviving than females??

cheers =)
    hi there!ive read all these posts and nobody seems to answer your questions so i will.ive been breeding fighters for a while now and,as we speak i have 2 seperate broods growing really well.the trick with breeding is water changes and great food.i do 50-70% water changes on my fry tanks daily and feed newly hatched brine shrimp 3 times a day.something to remember:you need to feed the fry infusoria till they can fit the shrimp in their mouths.half boil a small potato,cut it up into 4 pieces and put into a jar with a lid.add tank water till almost full,close and put in sunlight.within a week or so,the water will turn milky.its ready to feed to the fry then.if you do the daily water changes,fry should be able to eat shrimp on day 3.fry excrete a growth stunting hormone that slows their growth rate down,so water changes remove the hormone and allow them to grow 5 times faster than if you didnt.as to the sex ratio,it depends on the size of your fish.if the female is larger than the male then youll get mostly males,and vice versa.if they are the same size,then you should get a 50/50 split.it has something to do with survival instinct.fighters usually mate with the biggest and best so if u have a small male and a large female she will assume that there is a shortage of males and produce more to even things out again.seperating the brood isnt nescessary,and might stress them out.when they start flaring each other and you can tell males from females,then you can jar the males.if you want to know anything else,email me at liz.ladybug@yahoo.com.