· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The five gallon just *looks* so big, I don't think I could pass it off as "just a little Betta tank," it would definitely be hedging in on the "new actual fish tank" territory. And I LIKE my landlord, and don't really want to make him upset with me or even worse, endanger our lease. I'm grateful that he allowed the cat, gerbils, and one fish tank as it is, so many places here won't let you have any pets at all!

In Ontario, or at least Toronto, it's illegal to deny a tenant for having pets (it comes under infringing upon a tenant's lifestyle). In BC, it's perfectly legal to toss them out for having animals when the lease doesn't say they can specifically. :/ All the pets I have, including the specifically ten gallon tank, are written into my lease and I am not allowed to add to that list. So no more big tanks, and I'm pushing it by getting a small one.

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    You could fit a 5 gallon in most purses these days! lol
    At least you can in my wifes!
    I do understand your lease agreement.My landlord just tells me wether or not he wants floor supports put in! But what is the difference between a 5 and a 2.5? A tank is a tank when you are breaking your lease.lol
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A 2.5 looks small enough that I could still pass it as a 'bowl' and hide it in the dining room where my landlord isn't likely to notice. :P But I'll see if I can't find a 5 that doesn't look too big for where I'm thinking of putting it.

And thank you for the diffusor link, I'll use that!

4. Wink Betta

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WrenDraco
    A 2.5 looks small enough that I could still pass it as a 'bowl' and hide it in the dining room where my landlord isn't likely to notice. :P But I'll see if I can't find a 5 that doesn't look too big for where I'm thinking of putting it.

And thank you for the diffusor link, I'll use that!
    I have a 5 gallon heated tank for my betta. I decorated it with a statue of a dragon that is half that size of the tank with stones and one small plant. It makes it look smaller and my betta seems to be very happy with this setup. It gives him something to swim around and growl at. Why don't you try to decorate it to take up most some of the room?

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I ended up getting a Tetra Whisper 3i filter, which is perfect. It's so low-flowing it hardly disturbs the surface, but the pump should be aerating the water nicely and hopefully it's moving the water enough to distribute the warmth from the heater.

Abalone's in the kitchen now, whenever I walk by he follows me along. :) There's a lot more activity there than where he was in the living room, so hopefully he'll be less bored!

My other half's step-dad has glass etching equipment, he's going to fix that lid for me so it'll fit down around the filter and heater.

Here's my angryfishy!

Those are silk plants, I don't want to put live ones in because the kitchen gets no natural light, so I'd have to put something too bright for a Betta on there.

And a side view. I'm taking the heat up slow, a day at a time, so I don't shock him. He should be at 80F before the end of next week. :)