· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon D40

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurus
    But on a computer screen, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference.
    I don't know, I've used my fair share of lower MP cameras and regardless of the format I was viewing them on the lower MP tended to look really poor. It might have just been me though. I'd still say stick with the higher MP, regardless if you aren't PLANNING to print them out, you never know when you might need to or want to.

0 Not allowed!
    Ive never had luck with refurbished items so thats out for me. How do you think the D60 compares? Its at the top of what I would spend and still seems just as user friendly just more MP from what I can tell...not to mention its only $100 more. I think that the D40 from all that youve said and others have told me is a great camera its just getting a bit out of date now...so I may as well move on to something that wont be obsolete in a year.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gm72
    The extra megapixels are only going to be of use if you are printing large format or are going to be cropping shots heavily.
    glad to see im not the only camera expert on here. the difference between the d40 and d60 other than megapixel is the 18-55mm lens on the d60 has VR. in my opinion VR is useless under 80mm for the most part other than it will saturate your picture more. i worked exclusively selling and training people on cameras for almost 2 years and i can tel; you the d40 6 megapixel will out shoot similiar SLRs with higher megapixels.

the d40 is not getting out of date in fact its one of nikons longest running best selling cameras because of the price and high degree of quality. the d60 gives you an out of the box VR lens i talked about, higher megapixels, and instead of 2.5FPS it shoots at 3FPS which isnt really a big difference