· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SW FTS Thread

Hybrid View

1. Default SW FTS Thread

0 Not allowed!
    Welcome to our SW Full Tank Shot thread!

The purpose of this thread is to give our guests and members a place where they can browse through all of our SW tanks. To help keep the thread appealing and easy to browse through, everyone who is posting should try to follow the same format:

1. Start with a FTS.
    2. Follow with a SHORT paragraph describing your setup.
    3. Provide a link to your aquarium journal for people who would like a full rundown of your tank's equipment and inhabitants.

Feel free to link to a photograph that you can overwrite periodically when you make updates to your tank. That way, people will always see your most current FTS.

Please note that "permanent" comments on setups should be reserved for the aquarium journals. Comments posted on this thread will be periodically edited out in order to keep the thread fluid.

Thanks, and happy viewing!!!
    Last edited by coachfraley; 05-18-2009 at 06:21 AM.
    40g SW

0 Not allowed!

10g soon to be upgraded to a 34g

10+ lbs of live rock, cant name all the corals in it. Houses a small clown and firefish along with other blue legged hermits and snails.
    55 Gallon Freshwater

3. Default

0 Not allowed!

31g acrylic all-in-one tank started in April of 2008. The display is about 22g and the fuge/sump is about 9. The clowns and some of the coral came from a 12g nano that had been running since June of 2007. The tank began as a home for zoas and mushrooms, but slowly turned into a mixed reef.

Link to my tank journal.
    40g SW

4. Default

0 Not allowed!

90g Oceanic glass tank, set up Feb 9, 09. The tank has about 150+ of live rock, a 29 gallon sump with an ASM G20 skimmer, a refugium with chaeto and some live rock and Quietone 4000 return pump, the lighting is the ATI Powermodule, which has 8 54w T5 HO bulbs with their own reflectors and the fixture is placed about 6 inches above the tank. The tank right now is a mixed reef that includes various types of corals like, Hammer Coral, Birdsnest Coral and others seen on the pic, It also houses a Blue tang, Picasso clown, Misbar O. clown and a yellow Watchman goby so far. For more info on my reef and for questions you can visit my journal.
    Last edited by coachfraley; 05-22-2009 at 05:05 AM.

0 Not allowed!

29 gallon with 20 gallon sump and roughly 55 lbs of live rock total and roughly 40-45 gallons of water. It has 2 Koralia 2's for flow a Magdrive 9.5 return pump and an eshopps overflow. We have a atc-300A temperature controller hooked up to a 200 watt visa therm stealth heater in the display and a whisper 100 watt heater in the sump. Our skimmer is a coralife 65. We have chateo under a 40 watt screw in compact flourescent in the sump. Lighting is a 4x39 watt t-5 HO Catilina fixture. Its currently a mixed reef with various sps, lps and softies. We have a pair of o clowns, a falco hawkfish and a pink bubble tip anemone. Its been running since the start of September 2008

Here is a link to our journal http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=30352

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Here is a shot of mine:

65 gallon mixed reef with 30 gallon sump.
    8x39 watt T5 lighting.

I am still adding to the tank livestock wise, just slowly. I set it up last June so it's just nearing the 1 year mark.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    46 Gal Bow Front mixed reef. I'm upgrading to a 125 Gall custom peninsula tank w/ 56 gal sump and refugium. This tank has no sump.
    Attached Images Attached Images

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    20 gallon long.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Surfdog 75 FOWLR

0 Not allowed!
    Tankshot3.jpg

75 Gallon FOWLR
    Ehiem G160 pro3 series Cannister/Koralia Evolution 1050 Powerhead/AquaC remorra w/rio 800+ Protein skimmer/2 x 300 watt heaters/Marina digital thermometer/Deep water air pump/standard in tank thermometer.

I documented from stand assembly to tank running with residents! There were many changes along the way to where I am now...

Journal begins in Regular Journal:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=76277

Journal ends in SW Journal:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...ad.php?t=76697

Last edited by Surfdog; 04-17-2011 at 02:35 AM.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.
    If your not angry, your not paying attention...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)
    2 x 29G Breeders (cycling) to be ready for January 15

0 Not allowed!
    Here's one of mine taken two weeks ago

If you take your time to do the research FIRST, you can successfully set-up and keep ANY type of aquarium with ease.
    "Not using a quarantine tank is like playing Russian roulette. Nobody wins the game, some people just get to play longer than others." - Anthony Calfo
    Fishless Cycle Cycling with Fish Marine Aquarium Info [URL="http://saltwater.aquaticcommunity.com/"]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast