· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

0 Not allowed!
    Lol you had me at flowmaster ha ha. Although what I really want that is out of the budget is a challenger.

Let me just give you the list I've compiled on the wants/musts

it is a bit flexible depending on the circumstances.

2007-09
    under 17k $
    Used (of course)
    Black or true silver (my silver car looks purple and I hate that)
    Automatic (bad left knee is why I'm getting a bigger car)
    Sun roof or the option to add one
    anything but a 2 door
    Under 50K miles
    Over 28 MPG

Of course I LOVE the sound of a flowmaster drools
    Last edited by Owlbehere; 05-17-2009 at 08:10 PM.
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

0 Not allowed!
    My SOs charger is silver...we put some chrome 17" chrome rims that are a bit wider than the stock ones and some fat tires...it looks good, sounds good and unlike my cars will fit more than 3 shopping bags in the trunk before you have to worry. It also looks like Bruce from finding nemo and has kind of been named bruce...but anyway "bruce" came used with 12K miles at a year old and had been used at an enterprise car rental agency and had a sticker price of $22,500 at that time but it was "loaded" SXT one, Im sure you could find one in your price range. What was funny is that when it went into the exhaust shop and got the 2 flowmaster 40s and some new pipe work...they left the resonator on it...and the resonator sucked up every drop of sound from 2flowmasters, its no wonder those RTs are also silent...as my tatoo artist has an 06 daytona charger which doesnt make a sound either.

I also love the new challengers...there is a black RT challenger running around here and its pretty sweet. Flomasters are good mufflers but I just cant help but love the sound of a mufflerless catback system better...if I were to have a muffler Id probably get another Magnaflow as my car had a Magnaflow setup for awhile before it got the cats.
    Last edited by MCHRKiller; 05-17-2009 at 08:44 PM.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    I have to look and listen to the new RT around the corner!Sweet sounds!
    Chrysler did a good job on that one!
    Too bad it wasn't a few years ago! lol
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

0 Not allowed!
    Very true, they brought them back at the wrong time...but I will give it to them the V6 ones are running in the same MPG range as little imports, but you still get a little bit of that american sports car feel and sound with the right exhaust setup. I just cant help but think these little economy cars like the cobalt and civic will crush up like a soda can with the least bit of impact. Another good option would be a used Volvo...Volvos are notorious for lasting decades, my mom has a 2007 S60 and it is pretty nice. Not sure on how much used ones go for tho.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    I do love those Volvos!
    Tons of room inside and you never have to worry about a collision!lol
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

0 Not allowed!
    Yea for a volvo I'd be willing to go to an older model.
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Go get your self a good deal on a Chrysler. With them closing 500+ dealerships or whatever, you're bound to come across something.
    Last edited by AABatteries; 05-18-2009 at 02:31 AM.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    typically, steering described as "vague", "imprecise", or "loose" will provide very little road feel and very little feedback. So, you turn the wheel and the car doesn't turn as much as you think it should for the given amount of wheel turn(or you "wiggle" the wheel from left to right and the car doesn't wiggle with it). Some vehicles(like trucks) have a little bit of this engineered in for off roading, but in a car, vague steering is not good, esp when you consider it will lossen up with age as components wear. I have found that many professional reviewers that are testing newer cars with electric power steering(as apposed to the old style hydraulic) tend to complain about steering vagueness alot. Having just bougth a nissan sentra(with electric PS) I see where they are coming from, but don't agree with them totally. It's easy enough to get used to. Also, many reviewers these days seem to want everything to steer like a Porsche. The best thing you can do is to test drive and read OWNER reviews. Places like edmunds.com, msn autos, etc have huge collections of owner reviews. You may also want to look at cars like the Nissan versa brand new, as they are on the in expensive side. Our sentra is nicely equipped and cost about 19K. A nicely equipped versa was about 5 grand less. Also, look into cars like the nissan cube--lots of cargo space, easy on wallet.

--chris

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks terrapin, That was informative. I've been asking people I know that have cars I like what they like about their car and what they would want different. Next I'll see if I can drive theirs. My friend with the Caliber loves hers better than her older cars and the only thing she would change would be the color. I'm still looking at the different brands and models of cars weighing out the pros and cons... To get my narrowed down shopping list :)
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community