· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Can a car person help me?

0 Not allowed!
    What's it mean when the review says a cars steering is clumsy and vague?

I'm looking into trying to get a new car early/mid 2010. Mine is pushing 15yrs and although I would keep it forever its really low to the ground. My left knee is kinda messed up and a little low to the ground car does not help.
    I want something with four doors, roomy, and gets really good MPG. I drive 80 miles a day. Oh and has to have a sun roof :). My friend has a caliber and I liked it but didn't drive it. The reviewers didn't/don't seem to like it.
    Anyway I still don't understand the steering description.
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

0 Not allowed!
    in my experience that means it doesnt have the best steering response, but when your cruising on the highway or daily driving it wont really matter thats tested under a little more of a perfomance aspec
    55 Gallon Freshwater

0 Not allowed!
    Yea I usually have to take the review with a grain of salt. Its not like I'm going drag racing down a quarter mile strip or drifting around curves :). I need something practical. I currently have a 2-door. Its a sight when I go on the monthly horse food purchase. I usually have bags falling on me. I also saw another review saying it was truck like. Well that shouldn't bother me. Your talking to a southern girl that has owned... 92 chevy Cheyenne 1500, 96 chevy silverado 1500 Z71, 94 chevy silverado 2500 6.5l turbo diesel 4x4... to my 95 saturn SC2. I'm used to truck steering. I just like the MPG of my car.

So steering response... I'm trying to wrap my head around this. So like does it have "play" is it "tight", like it takes a bit to turn it. I know I don't like my moms jeep one little move and the car practically spins, I consider it too responsive.
    Last edited by Owlbehere; 05-17-2009 at 06:08 AM.
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    If I were you I would start going to dealers and start test driving all sorts of stuff to get a feel for what you want.

Also, when they say truck like, they might be referring to a stiff ride, which is ofter not a good thing in a smaller car.

0 Not allowed!
    hmm... yea wouldn't be nice on a small car. I'm going to ask my friend to drive hers when I see her. I don't like going to dealerships... I don't like them trying to sell me stuff. Even when I tell them I'm just looking around and don't have money. I'm compiling a list of car I like and I'll start looking into each I guess. When I do go to buy, I'm bringing a secret weapon. My aunt, boy can she haggle.
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A 4 door roomy car with good mpg is going to be kind of hard to find depending on how you define "good" mpg. You might want to consider the civic or camery as they are both 4 doors but have decent mpg and roominess. They should last forever too.
    10g- 5 diamond tetra, 1 oto, 1 albino BN pleco, 1 assassin snail and 2 blue shrimp. Heavily planted tank.

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Why not get another truck just a bit smaller than a cheyenne!lol
    Toyotas are great on gas and handling!
    They are also not going out of business! The parts are a bit more expensive but you do not have to buy them near as often.
    If I were looking for something reliable car or truck,imports seem to be the way to go!
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

0 Not allowed!
    I considered that actually but hmmm. My original plan was to get a truck then trailer, then a new horse. But that would equal a tundra. 19 mpg is not cool, thats what my mom gets and if I drive the jeep I'm filling up every other day. So I need to find something small because I drive 80 miles a day. Good to me is around 30 give or take. My car MPG is currently 25/30.

I was looking into civic as well. My dads favorite auto maker is Honda. And corolla he swears a toyota will last me forever.
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

Awards Showcase

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish 
    For being a pic hound!!! - Alfcea thankyou for all your help - sueshewoman A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey to a very good buddy,happy thanksgiving - angelcakes Congrats on MOTM - Lady Hobbs 
    For being on the ball and having the forum at heart. - Brookfish Thanks for the gift! Now heres one for you ! - CephalopodLover congrats on MOTM - angelcakes same to you - mrs fishpatrick thanks for the help - LORENZO 
    merry christmas - cocoa_pleco sorry for your loss - lovleeko Seasons Greetings! - Brookfish Joyeux Noel!  :) - KrytterKrys Happy Christmas 2008 - fins_n_fur 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy 

0 Not allowed!
    Honda,toyota,subaru,Nissan They are all very dependable vehicles.
    I just missed out on a Subaru Imprezia.It was 3 yrs old and had 23000km on it.Black on black with all the toys.lol Thats a go cart for me though!
    I need a full size truck or van!
    All she owed was the 12000 on her buy back.That was a sweet car.
    You can get the Tundra with a six instead of the V8.Its a little better on gas.lol
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

0 Not allowed!
    Get a Charger Seriously my SO has a 2007 3.5 V6 one...it gets around 30mpg on gas, we fit a friends black friday impulse purchase of a barbie jeep in the back seat...a family of 4 could have a picnic in the trunk. To be a big car it handles nicely, put a couple of flomasters on it and it sounds really nice to...not to mention that alot of them are floating around used with that 100K mile warrenty they had last year.
    20G High-Tech Planted|50G High-Tech Planted|50G Goldfish Tank|56G Column Low-Tech Planted

4x75Gs coming soon