· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Temperature

Awards Showcase

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom Great advice thanks - nraposa Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09 Always good answers - Lady Hobbs You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09 
    Thanks for your help again. - Lady Hobbs goodbye reptileguy....hello Fishguy - Lady Hobbs For always giving me great answere's on my PM's. Thanks for all the help! - cocoa_pleco Thanks For Your Help & Knowledge! :) - MeganL3985 For weakening me against axolotls!!!!!!! - Nick_Pavlovski 
    I am baking today and figured I'd share...Thanks for Always Helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** For recommending Fluvals and Stealths - Lady Hobbs Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer Thanks for the hikari help - Billythefish 
    No Message - LORENZO Merry Christmas - Northernguy merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO merry christmas.. a fellow fishnutter. - LORENZO Merry X-Mas!! - The Red Severum 

0 Not allowed!
    What temp does it get up to?
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance and Pet Care Company
    Owner: Web Design Company
    Brian's Aquarium Care: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Awards Showcase

A neon for your tank! There were no platys. lol - Northernguy Thanks for the help with those zombies - Northernguy Right on. - Wild Turkey Congrats on your award! - Brookfish you need more gifts! - The Red Severum 
    I hope your nose is okay! :) - invadertoast Thanks for the PM - William Official Muskateer Symbol - The Red Severum BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 1.0 - The Red Severum FUNNIEST POSTER MAFIA 1.0 - The Red Severum 
    thanks - mommy1 MAFIA 2.0 Thanks for playing! - The Red Severum Kaz: Supreme Predictor - robflanker congratulations for your awards - mommy1 thanks for the game - mommy1 
    Fun game! - KingFisher I just won the lottery! - Lab_Rat Have a pig - Agassizii for being a good guy - The Red Severum congratulations! - KingFisher 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by robflanker
    I'm claiming idea-infringement!

If you use a liquid that you can cool to lower than 0 degrees while it still is in liquid form you can have a more effective cooling system
    Actually it was supposed to be an improvement on your Idea so I guess I should have worded it differently. (I know you were joking but still)

I don't think the temperature needs to be lower than 0 to be an efective cooler, Plus water would be easier to cool and if you ever have a problem with the siphon and the water leaks you're not majorly poisoning your fish. just throw a dechlorinater in the bucket and you're safe!

Water would also be cheaper, you could even use old tank water!

You know, I've heard of a home-made air conditioner that works the same way...
    just have the siphon around a fan and you cool the air around the fan and it blows that air around!
    SIX OR MORE MAN TO THE RESCUE!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Liquid nitrogen...

Yeah, I'm having the same problem, also in a 20g. No fish though. I guess my hermits and snails will just have to adapt to the changes of the seasons.

I would draw up a DIY chiller idea but, I'm at school. Could do it on paint in 2 min and email it to myself. But, yeah, I'll do it when I get home.

Default Thanks

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for all the great ideas.

Really enjoy the AC. I seem to be spending a lot of time here.

Awards Showcase

A neon for your tank! There were no platys. lol - Northernguy Thanks for the help with those zombies - Northernguy Right on. - Wild Turkey Congrats on your award! - Brookfish you need more gifts! - The Red Severum 
    I hope your nose is okay! :) - invadertoast Thanks for the PM - William Official Muskateer Symbol - The Red Severum BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 1.0 - The Red Severum FUNNIEST POSTER MAFIA 1.0 - The Red Severum 
    thanks - mommy1 MAFIA 2.0 Thanks for playing! - The Red Severum Kaz: Supreme Predictor - robflanker congratulations for your awards - mommy1 thanks for the game - mommy1 
    Fun game! - KingFisher I just won the lottery! - Lab_Rat Have a pig - Agassizii for being a good guy - The Red Severum congratulations! - KingFisher 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fins
    Thanks for all the great ideas.

Really enjoy the AC. I seem to be spending a lot of time here.
    People here claim to have MTS, but I'm addicted to the 'New posts' button.
    SIX OR MORE MAN TO THE RESCUE!

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I think there are a number of liquid based coolers for pc's. I haven't looked at one in years, but i wonder if one could be adapted to work in an aquarium. Hmm....

--chris

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    This is a big problem for goldfish keepers. Larger bodies of water maintain temperatures for longer periods of time, and yet another reason to increase your tank size.

Also, feed much less; toxins are much more dangerous in warmer water temps. When temperatures rise, I feed nothing but peas which contain no protein, keeping nitrate levels low.

Even though my tank is 120 gallons I still have problems in the Spring; hate to crank on the air; so I place a fan in front of the tank with a couple of water filled and frozen pop bottles; makes a big difference.

Goldfish that suffer from too high of temps may lose their appetites, bottom sit, and have raised scales or pine coning.

Stay cool, Venus

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    to take car of my 29 gallon i just pop 3 ice cubes infront of the filter and because of the way the water forms an eddy they just sit there and melt. if the temp hasnt changed i put a few more in till it drops a degree or two.

what im thinking of doing this summer is taking the old mini fridge and drilling 2 holes in it, running tubing, and sealing them and just run the tubing through my tank

Question

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by KatzeSlaugen
    to take car of my 29 gallon i just pop 3 ice cubes infront of the filter and because of the way the water forms an eddy they just sit there and melt. if the temp hasnt changed i put a few more in till it drops a degree or two.
    So are you freezing conditioned water or just using plain tap water. I suppose that little bit (chlorine) might not hurt anything.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    When I have to use ice cubes, I always put them in a little sip/snap lock plastic baggie and float them. I would get a bit paranoid of even a tiny bit of chlorine getting into the tank.