· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift - Celtic Fins   Have another fish! lol - Northernguy   To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson   

Talking diy 125 gallon* acrylic construction

0 Not allowed!

*Calculated from projected outside dimensions, 48x24x25 in. Inside capacity will probably be somewhere around 110 gallons.

I have the materials ready to start building!
    Any suggestions for cool stuff to do with the "practice" scrap pieces?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congratulations on the cycled tank!! - mommy1   Too bad you cant really open them... - DemonShark   congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   thanks for the rock elp. - krystalsohun   hang in there - mommy1   
    Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jackson17   

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe make some Tunnels in the tank? Thats what I would do. Small circular pieces that fish can swim through. But cover with substrate so it looks as natural as possible.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congrats on MOTM! - Jacko   Another round for my friends - mommy1   Another day, another round for my friends. - mommy1   After all that virtual alcohol it's time to sober up with some virtual food - mommy1   Thanks for your kind words in my blog, it really dose help - Cliff   
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - The Red Severum   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Red Severum   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Red Severum   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - The Red Severum   HIV/AIDS - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    Good luck, if you can take pictures through the process. Could you make a mini shrimp tank?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift - Celtic Fins   Have another fish! lol - Northernguy   To Discus Days!!! - JudiJetson   

0 Not allowed!
    Good ideas, I was actually thinking more of filtration stuff. I'm planning to make an intake in a corner with the longest piece.

Actually I already have a mini amphipod tank.

Sure I'll take pictures when things get going. Right now all there is is sheets of acrylic leaning against the wall.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    With scrap pieces hold onto them, never know when you might need to make. Could always make "shelves" in the tank. Add a little substrate on them and some plants or decorations.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks and your first gift!! - The Red Severum   Eggs woo hoo!!! - Gayle   My new buddy.  LOL - Lady Hobbs   because you're always there to help! - gourami*girl   A beer for my fellow canuck! - NickFish   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    This will be a interesting to watch!
    How are you joining the seams?
    Ray Your Freindly Neighborhood,Fully Mod-ified, Self-appointed Pic Hound!! Need pics!!!
    Have you filled out your profile yet ?????????????
    The Fabulous AC ebook Please read>http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/ebook.html

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Acrylic is joined using solvent cements. They work by melting the acrylic together.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985   Merry Christmas! - RichBowyer   right back at ya bud, Merry X-mas - Kuli_Loach   Drive your very own subway home for christmas! - Matt23   Have a drink on me - Dave66   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - OscarFan   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - OscarFan   

0 Not allowed!
    Ill definately be watching this thread. You should also keep a running tab of how much it costs. With the scrap pieces I would just use to practice everything that needs to be done before you actualy do it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Yes. The idea is to make useful stuff for the tank using the scrap pieces, that don't really need to be completely watertight (but still trying to get it perfect the first time)

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

congratulations on the cycled tank!! - mommy1   Too bad you cant really open them... - DemonShark   congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   thanks for the rock elp. - krystalsohun   hang in there - mommy1   
    Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - jackson17   

0 Not allowed!
    What I would do if I could, try to make a shelf with a circular cut out, then make (if possible, don't really know) a rounded tube piece going down to another shelf that the fish can swim through/hide in. On the shelfs add some small plants. If there are any plants that grow and overhang on areas that would look pretty cool. The fish would probably enjoy swimming in that to.