· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baby Pleco Pix

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

Default Baby Pleco Pix

0 Not allowed!

Plant leaves are Najas indica:

Ramshorn to the right is about the size of a dime:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats!Here is your first AC gift! - Northernguy   Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   cheering me up - bluebluecow   Your neon needs a friend so here you go : - Celtic Fins   A very kind gift!  Here's a yellow tang to say thanks - rageybug   
    Autism - bluebluecow   Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - bluebluecow   

0 Not allowed!
    soo cuteare they commons or b/n

liz
    [url=http://www.fishyeggs.com/levelup.php?id=131][img]http://www.fishyeggs.com/get/131.gif[/community of guppies and b/n plecs [/COLOR]

Tank 2, 60L 2ft tank, Pair of blonde red guppies (guppy mating breeding project)

Tank 3 Nano Reef in recovery 23ishg 1 Cardinal 1 twotoned blenny

AUTISM "If you think I have my hands full, You should see my heart "

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    They're BN's, common pleco's aren't spawned in aquariums.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Howdy neighbor ! - Algenco   Thanks mate - Tolley   Merry Christmas! :) - KrytterKrys   Happy New Year! - Northernguy   Welcome back! - Northernguy   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Gayle   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Gayle   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Gayle   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Gayle   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Gayle   

0 Not allowed!
    That is great! How old are they?
    Gayle

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals"
    Sir Winston Churchill
    For info on endangered species:
    http://www.iucnredlist.org/
    For cool images/weather info:
    http://wwwghcc.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - AmazonJoe   Congrats on guessing the DT. - Silbar   Merry Christmas! - RiversGirl   Thanks for the Rep, and welcome back ;-) - steeler58   Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   

0 Not allowed!
    so tiny. so cute!
    When I go fishing I just throw sharp rocks in the water and wait for the dead fish to float to the top... Kingfisher
    Everything happens for a reason. Sometimes that reason is you are stupid and make bad decisions.

I think my fish is adjusting well to the four gallon, He's laying on his side attempting to go to sleep on the bottom of the gravel.
    Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.
    Dear naps, sorry I hated you so much when I was a child... Love me

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Big Daddy hanging out of his shell, few (out-of-focus) albino fry nearby:

Wannabe claim jumper lounging nearby:

Wannabe (left side) trying to see what Big Daddy's secret is:

Big brother, (or maybe sister) sole survivor of previous spawns:

They're a couple weeks old, actual size is 5/8", larger juvie little over 1".
    Just last night I witnessed a power struggle between the 2 males for "the" barnacle shell (right side of 3rd pic.) It's funny, there are 5-6 shells in the cluster, but only 1 seems to attract the females. Or maybe it's the male that claims it. In any case, he's hardly left that particular shell all year now, and the slightly smaller male tries to claim jump his spot. There's also a female in the shell in the 3rd pic, you can see her tail inside the shell.
    The larger juvie is the sole survivor of the fry prior to moving out the spawning pair of cichlids. Now there are several dozen free-swimming fry, and they'll soon be joined by another brood. I saw a couple wigglers with their yolk sacs almost gone when a female joined the male in the shell last night. Not long after that the smaller male tried to make it a threesome, but the female bailed w/out laying any eggs. This morning Big Daddy is fanning an even larger clutch than the last round, probably the work of the larger of the 2 females. He's hot, and the wannabe just can't get no satisfaction.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

your first gift - Dave66   Have a puffer fish - Celtic Fins   You need one of these too - Celtic Fins   

0 Not allowed!
    Too cute! That's awesome your Bristlenoses are spawning so often!
    36 gallon bowfront - "Hector" the Dwarf Gourami, 3 Peppered Corydoras, "Big Eric" the Rubberlip Pleco, "Killwillie" the German Blue Ram, and 9 Rummynose Tetras, 1 true Siamese Algae Eater

20 gallon long; Planted & Aquascaped (Dwarf Hairgrass, Scarlet Temple, Lace Java Fern, Red Ludwigia) - Female German Blue Ram, 4 Oto's, 11 Neon Tetras

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your fist Gift! - Northernguy   fellow Torontonian :) - NanoTankGuy   congrats on your first Pearl - NanoTankGuy   yeaaaaa - Lady Hobbs   Born there. Sorry about the G20 - little hawaii   

0 Not allowed!
    Hey, I have a question. I just bought a baby bristlenose (about 1 inch in length), I was scared at first it was just a common pleco. Is it only the male that has bristles? Mine doesn't have any, and I'm wondering if that's because it's either a female, or too little to have bristles yet? Also, what do you feed your babies? I have algae wafers for my little guy and I just bought some organic zucchini.
    40 GALLON / 6 Black Neon Tetras, 6 featherfin rainbows, 3 Khulis, 5 Macculloch Rainbows, 3 Bosemani Rainbows

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Males have bushy noses, females sometimes have a little stubble, but they won't start growing until they're about 2-2.5". Mine are fed crushed NLS pellets twice daily, also occaisonally microworms, spirulina flakes, or fresh veggies.
    Here's a pic of one of the females:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your fist Gift! - Northernguy   fellow Torontonian :) - NanoTankGuy   congrats on your first Pearl - NanoTankGuy   yeaaaaa - Lady Hobbs   Born there. Sorry about the G20 - little hawaii   

0 Not allowed!
    What are NLS pellets? I gave mine a 3rd of an algae wafer is that ok? Sorry, but I just want to make sure he/she is healthy.
    40 GALLON / 6 Black Neon Tetras, 6 featherfin rainbows, 3 Khulis, 5 Macculloch Rainbows, 3 Bosemani Rainbows