· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default decided on fish for new tank

0 Not allowed!
    i have finally decided what fish i am now going to have but need some advice on them first. I am going to have fire mouth cichlids but do i need to have a pair or singly? also will they live happily with corydoras in the tank with them. How big do they grow to as well. At the moment i am enjoying my south american cichlids but as i said i am not sure about these fish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

a fish for your tank because you've been so patient with cycling - mommy1   Chill out with a beer after the longest fishless cycle ever!  You deserve it! - Fraoch   Congrats on the cycle!  Another little fish for a little tank! - Sir Tristen   Angel for your g/f, good luck keeping the 55! lol - Jaster   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    What size tank?
    30g - Planted - need to do some serious rethinking
    20g - planning
    MS-II

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Smile size of tank

0 Not allowed!
    my tank size is a 3 1/2 ft tank so can i take two or one and what other fish will it tolerate, i know it likes to spar with other males.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For your tank! - Northernguy   merry christmas - mommy1   Merry Xmass - chipper   

0 Not allowed!
    I found out that fire mouths get about 6". I am cycling my 30 gallon tank and getting the same fish. I am going to get only two of them.
    90 G
    Tiger Oscar
    Albino Oscar
    Blood Parrot
    Cat Fish

55 G
    2 Firemouths, 1 Common Pelco
    about 100 Frys
    55 G
    9 Marble Angels
    1 Firemouth

LOOKING for a 210

Patience
    the ability to endure waiting, delay, or provocation without becoming annoyed or upset, or to persevere calmly when faced with difficulties

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Thanks for profiles - William   Profiles and being generally awesome. - William   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Oscar_freak12321   

0 Not allowed!
    Firemouths are great sized fish for that tank. Yes, corys can go with Firemouths, as long as the Firemouth isn't too aggressive(which is pretty rare in the Firemouth's case). Have fun with your tank!
    the statement below is false
    the statement above is true
    which one is true?
    Got a small tank? Check out Fishalicious' small fish list! http://fishaliciousfish.blogspot.com...-for-nano.html
    Got a big fish you just can't handle? Check out Monster Fish Rescue! http://www.monsterfishrescue.com/

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default its sorted

0 Not allowed!
    my tank is now finally ready and i am just waiting now for the tank to mature before adding any fish, have been told by different retailers that i can have them as a group to sort out any pairings and another one told me to have only three fish which is the better advice? a group or just 3.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   Thanks for profiles - William   Profiles and being generally awesome. - William   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Oscar_freak12321   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by shelby
    my tank is now finally ready and i am just waiting now for the tank to mature before adding any fish, have been told by different retailers that i can have them as a group to sort out any pairings and another one told me to have only three fish which is the better advice? a group or just 3.
    by what your asking is should you get three Firemouths? Or corydoras? I'm sorry but I'm a bit confused...
    the statement below is false
    the statement above is true
    which one is true?
    Got a small tank? Check out Fishalicious' small fish list! http://fishaliciousfish.blogspot.com...-for-nano.html
    Got a big fish you just can't handle? Check out Monster Fish Rescue! http://www.monsterfishrescue.com/

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    You probably have enough space to keep 3, but it's best to start with a group to establish a pair. Once that's happened you can return the extras to your lfs.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default ok

0 Not allowed!
    going to get my new babies this weekend to put in my tank ,have read up and decided to get 3 fishes .1 male with two females so he can choose which one he wants to get it on with once they are old enough to breed. Getting excited about my fishes.