· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Best fish to mix with beta's

0 Not allowed!
    I have a ten gallon tank, i plan on getting a beta, what fish get along with betas best? can you have a male and a female beta together??

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kylebooth
    I have a ten gallon tank, i plan on getting a beta, what fish get along with betas best? can you have a male and a female beta together??
    I would not put another betta in with another betta either male or female. You'll wake up and find them injured or one of them dead. Some people do make female sorority tanks, but even those aren't perfect, takes a while for the females to work out a pecking order, and can still lead to fights.

Not sure which fish can put in with a betta, maybe someone else can chime in.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one - korith   I hope it helps with your studying... good luck! - Alfcea   Here ya go! - Wild Turkey   Thanks for your Vista help! - gabbyguppy   puffers are cool - glarior   

0 Not allowed!
    I had a betta in a community tank for a long time. The tank had gourami's, silver dollars, mollies, tetras, and some others. For 10g I would get a non-aggressive/community fish that you like. Remember fish do grow.... lol
    300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    how big do silver dollars get? are they schooling fish? could i have 1 in with a beta?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one - korith   I hope it helps with your studying... good luck! - Alfcea   Here ya go! - Wild Turkey   Thanks for your Vista help! - gabbyguppy   puffers are cool - glarior   

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.fishlore.com/Profiles-SilverDollar.htm

They get pretty big... 6-7"

Yes, they are a schooling fish.

I would not recommend a silver dollar for a 10g. I had all my fish in a 29g and I am sure thats what accounted for it to crash. Once I have upgraded to a 55g life has been much better for me and the fish.

What kind of fish do you like? Small, medium or large size? Colorful? Etc, etc...
    300g + 240g in wall build! - Follow Here
    120g SW Reef, LED lights, cool fish and corals!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A neon for your tank! There were no platys. lol - Northernguy   Thanks for the help with those zombies - Northernguy   Right on. - Wild Turkey   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   you need more gifts! - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    When I was younger and I knew nothing about fish I had 2 tanks. The one that worked best had just a betta and a school of Neon Tetras. We had, at one point, added a sucker fish of some sort but luckily that died before reaching great lengths.

So yes, a Betta and some Neons, although any peaceful non fin-nipping fish that doesn't look like a betta will do.

So Platies, Neons, Cardinals, Black Neons,Pygmy Cories or regular Cories would all be welcome in a betta tank, although for a 10 gallon only pick one of those.
    SIX OR MORE MAN TO THE RESCUE!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys:)

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    i should be fine with 6 tetreas and a beta?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs   Have a beer on me - sailor   Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75   happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes   Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kylebooth
    i should be fine with 6 tetreas and a beta?
    if its female, yes. Male is much less likely to get along in a community tank. Either way introduce the betta last.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A neon for your tank! There were no platys. lol - Northernguy   Thanks for the help with those zombies - Northernguy   Right on. - Wild Turkey   Congrats on your award! - Brookfish   you need more gifts! - The Red Severum   

0 Not allowed!
    You could go for a few more tetras, but yes, it's fine.

IMO, the gender won't matter if it's only it and a few Neons or something simular. But of course each fish is different.
    SIX OR MORE MAN TO THE RESCUE!