· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Gorgeous new aquascaping! - Rue   for good luck and something magical to hold - smaug   you can be my valentine anytime jarhead - smaug   Thanks for the support - jbeining75   I thank you for the thoughtful gift,:) - kitten3326   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - shalafi04   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - shalafi04   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - shalafi04   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - shalafi04   Childhood Cancer - shalafi04   

Default how many

0 Not allowed!
    how many discus can go in an 80 gal tank.
    ~~Misty~~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Way to go! - Northernguy   Happy Easter! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    i would say about 4-6 maybe 8.
    my life is $@&%ed!
    mainly because the only thing i have to live for is fish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Gorgeous new aquascaping! - Rue   for good luck and something magical to hold - smaug   you can be my valentine anytime jarhead - smaug   Thanks for the support - jbeining75   I thank you for the thoughtful gift,:) - kitten3326   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - shalafi04   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - shalafi04   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - shalafi04   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - shalafi04   Childhood Cancer - shalafi04   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by young_cichlid
    i would say about 4-6 maybe 8.
    okay awesome, Glad I got something right finally, I was hoping for 6. :) 7 if I find another I cannot resist
    ~~Misty~~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

RAK - DemonShark   CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs   for new bed - Lady Hobbs   for new wife - Lady Hobbs   to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco   

0 Not allowed!
    what's the dimensions of the tank?
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Big difference between 4 and 8.......like double.

Shala is going from goldfish to Discus. Yahooooo!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    Big difference between 4 and 8.......like double.

Shala is going from goldfish to Discus. Yahooooo!

Im not sure on the demensions.... its a work still in the thought process. And I'll still have my goldies. Im actually thinking, that when we get a house (by 2011) they are going to be turned into pond fish and then I'll have an empty 120 for the discus :) Sounds like a plan to me!
    ~~Misty~~

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - Sharkman   not exactly chloroform but close enough - wolf_eyes   For the tank!lol - Northernguy   Thanks for saving me from an ass whoopin'! - rageybug   Happy Easter! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    From what I've read and understand, I would say no more then 4 to start out, as the gallons per fish gets smaller the more likely you are to have problems.

TBH if it was me, due to the price of the fish and other factors, I would start with 2, possibly a pair if you can find them. That way you have a bit of a buffer to work with.
    Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    General rule of thumb for discus is 1 fish per 10 gallons....which when they reach full adults is below other peoples 1" of fish per gallon of water. For most people I wouldnt stock much more than that recommendation due to ease of tank maintenance (anything more and maintenance on the tank will be increased).

-Ryan

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

great taste in fish! - Brookfish   Have another! Thanks - Northernguy   here's a gift for being so helpful and for keeping geos! - Crispy   To remind you to get some cory's lol - Brookfish   Congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkarc
    General rule of thumb for discus is 1 fish per 10 gallons....which when they reach full adults is below other peoples 1" of fish per gallon of water. For most people I wouldnt stock much more than that recommendation due to ease of tank maintenance (anything more and maintenance on the tank will be increased).

-Ryan

So is it the same for a 2" discus and a 7" discus? both of those need 10 gallons of water? The 1" of fish per gallon of water works on maybe 5% of fish, noone should use that as a guide line.

Brian

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here's a discus. - troy   

0 Not allowed!
    I have a 75 gallon discus tank with live plants and 5 discus, and they have thrived amazingly. I'm debating on getting one more, but I'm not sure.
    Good Tankin' & Take Care!