· Rainbow Fish
· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
  1. Default Whos eating the snails

0 Not allowed!
    i have a large random group of synos in a planted tank, ive had success with planted tanks before, but with the help of ramshorn and malasian trumpet snails cleaning up any algae and debris....but it seems a fish or a bunch of fish are keeping the snail number to almost none. the tank consists of

4 Synodontus Eupterus
    1 Synodontus Decorus
    3 Upside down synos
    2 unknown synos, each different
    2 Pictus Cats
    2 Raphael Cats (spotted and striped)
    1 Common Pleco
    1 Large Koi Angel
    1 Platy
    3 Dojo Loaches
    1 Male Betta
    1 Otto Cat

now i know what you are thinking...its the dojos, but i have never seen them eat a snail and their last tank they were in they shared with goldfish and there were tonnes of snails in it. maybe could it be the snails dont like the local sand (lake erie) that is in there?...i am switching over to white silica this week anyways due to the look and theres too much debris ontop of the sand

thank you
    35 gallon South American
    25 gallon Syno catfish
    135 gallon setting up

0 Not allowed!
    What size tank is this?
    I have no clue, I thought the dojos but I dont no..

0 Not allowed!
    Dojos, probably.

Please tell me that all of those fish are not in the 25 gallon. Please?
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

0 Not allowed!
    10 synos in one tank? Good luck with that one. I also believe your snail eater is the loaches.

Awards Showcase

A neon for your tank! There were no platys. lol - Northernguy Thanks for the help with those zombies - Northernguy Right on. - Wild Turkey Congrats on your award! - Brookfish you need more gifts! - The Red Severum 
    I hope your nose is okay! :) - invadertoast Thanks for the PM - William Official Muskateer Symbol - The Red Severum BEST MAFIA PLAYER MAFIA 1.0 - The Red Severum FUNNIEST POSTER MAFIA 1.0 - The Red Severum 
    thanks - mommy1 MAFIA 2.0 Thanks for playing! - The Red Severum Kaz: Supreme Predictor - robflanker congratulations for your awards - mommy1 thanks for the game - mommy1 
    Fun game! - KingFisher I just won the lottery! - Lab_Rat Have a pig - Agassizii for being a good guy - The Red Severum congratulations! - KingFisher 

0 Not allowed!
    What size tank are you keeping all of those in? Because that's waaaaaay too many for a 25 gallon.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Dojos cold-water?
    SIX OR MORE MAN TO THE RESCUE!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaz
    What size tank are you keeping all of those in? Because that's waaaaaay too many for a 25 gallon.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Dojos cold-water?
    Dojos can be cold water, yes, they are adaptable to a wide range of conditions. Most folks do keep them in cold water tanks.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i was honestly think escargot... >_<

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Savage
    i have a large random group of synos in a planted tank, ive had success with planted tanks before, but with the help of ramshorn and malasian trumpet snails cleaning up any algae and debris....but it seems a fish or a bunch of fish are keeping the snail number to almost none. the tank consists of

4 Synodontus Eupterus
    1 Synodontus Decorus
    3 Upside down synos
    2 unknown synos, each different
    2 Pictus Cats
    2 Raphael Cats (spotted and striped)
    1 Common Pleco
    1 Large Koi Angel
    1 Platy
    3 Dojo Loaches
    1 Male Betta
    1 Otto Cat

now i know what you are thinking...its the dojos, but i have never seen them eat a snail and their last tank they were in they shared with goldfish and there were tonnes of snails in it. maybe could it be the snails dont like the local sand (lake erie) that is in there?...i am switching over to white silica this week anyways due to the look and theres too much debris ontop of the sand

thank you
    As the others have chimed in,you only have 1 tank big enough for all those fish and that is the 135 gal you are setting up.I doubt any of your fish are actually eating mts snails,most fish cant eat those.It may be your substrate is getting poisonious from the massive overstock and it has killed the snails.