· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ghost Shrimp

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Ghost Shrimp

0 Not allowed!
    I have been successful breeding Ghost Shrimp only once.
    Has anyone had any luck? I removed two females loaded with eggs into my 10 gallon nursery tank. Itís the dirtiest, I know that sounds strange. The 30 gal. community and the 10 breeding tanks are very clean and not much in the way of silty food for them. Any advise would be appreciated.
    "Until compassion is extended to all living creatures, there shall be no peace"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   heres a easter egg for easter! - cocoa_pleco   you need a slush - Lady Hobbs   What? Only 3 gifts? I'll change that! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm not so sure on this but I think in the wild that the ghost shrimp eggs get carried by the current to somewhere that has salt in the water. maybe you should move the eggs to a brackish tank or somethng.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    Ive bred em. You want a 79f temp and the female will carry the eggs under her

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need some gifts - Lady Hobbs   strawberry daquari anyone? - Lady Hobbs   food, food, food - Lady Hobbs   My hero! - Lady Hobbs   Have another? - Drumachine09   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - xoolooxunny   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - xoolooxunny   

0 Not allowed!
    I've seen one or two carry her eggs under her, but I have also heard that they need brackish water to hatch, so I'm not sure whether mine hatched or not, but every once and awhile i see a little guy chompin in the gravel. I do keep my salt at FW levels.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Carrying their eggs

0 Not allowed!
    The shrimp are holding their eggs and appear to be doing fine. The eggs are growing larger and I expect them to hatch within a couple of weeks. I enjoy providing an environment for them to breed, thats the easy part. Being successful in raising them is the challenge. Thanks for all the response.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

god im hungry - cocoa_pleco   You make me laugh! - Drumachine09   And lots of pizza too! lol - Chrona   wish i had some of this to drink right now - cocoa_pleco   DAAAAAM, this drink looks good - cocoa_pleco   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - cocoa_pleco   Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - cocoa_pleco   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - cocoa_pleco   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - cocoa_pleco   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - cocoa_pleco   

0 Not allowed!
    it'll be a fiesta of shrimp!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

you need some gifts - Lady Hobbs   strawberry daquari anyone? - Lady Hobbs   food, food, food - Lady Hobbs   My hero! - Lady Hobbs   Have another? - Drumachine09   
    Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - xoolooxunny   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - xoolooxunny   

0 Not allowed!
    what are the parameters for your nursery tank? I'd like to breed them too bc my lfs only gets them in "once and awhile"

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Parameters Of Tank

0 Not allowed!
    Levels
    Nitrate = 35
    Nitrite = 0 - .1
    Hardness = 80 - 100 GH
    Alkalinity = 80 - 90 ppm
    PH = 7.2

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

thanks for good advice - hobbs   ROADTRIP! - Drumachine09   We'll need a case of these for the roadtrip, got the humvee waitin. lol - cocoa_pleco   NO plants = Sour grapes  LOL - hobbs   Wooden Spoon Protection! - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    WOW that is some really hard water
    Foshizzle.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrona
    WOW that is some really hard water
    great molly water