· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

Hybrid View

Default Adams Killie Breeding "How You Do It"

0 Not allowed!
    Well I have been breeding killie for a little while now. I have met all of the top killie breeders in the USA and have been going to shows and showing my Killies. I will show you the basic setup for killie breeding. If you have any questions be free to ask.

These are some of my boxes that i bought from walmart for 2 bucks each. This is the first thing you need on breeding killies.

This is my basic setup on breeding killies, those are yarn mops that I make myself. There is no java moss in there just mops.

This is just a basic killie mop. If people want me to do a DIY yarn mop thread, then be free to ask how. These hold the killie eggs and provide shelter for the female.

0 Not allowed!
    Now this is the basic stuff I use to maintain the killies home. You see water conditioner for the 50% every other day WC. I use the turkey baster to take out water and poop. I use the measuring cup for the live brine i feed them and also for taking out water

Now for the egg collecting and breeding. I feed them live brine which triggers them into breeding for me. They are egg layers and and females love to breed in there. Here is shown how i removed a mop from the container and searched for eggs. Sometime you could 2 -15 eggs in a mop everyday. Here is one egg from A. Striatum Lambarene.

Once I picked the egg from the mop, I then place into another container filled with Methane Blue. As shown below I already had it made and there is about 12 eggs in there now.

I then place the eggs into there any wait for them to become babies and remove to a separate container and feed live baby brine.
    Have any questions, be free to ask..

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    thanks for sharing, maybe someday I can get to it.
    55g- blood parrots, hatchetfish, SAE, bristlenose plecos
    75G-oscar

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nice thread Sev

Thanks for the info, one day i would like to get into breeding some type of fish.
    Don't call it a comeback, I've been here for years.

0 Not allowed!
    thanks shark and wiggs, its very fun...

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    So am I understanding this correctly? You have water and a yarn mop in plastic containers and that is it? No heat or filtration? Then the eggs are placed in another plastic container with just water to hatch? It sounds pretty straightforward.

0 Not allowed!
    yeah, if you want to you could add a air line to it. They key is 50% W/C and feeding them what they like.

0 Not allowed!
    Hobbs, jumping up and down with her hand in the air..........yelling......

I have a question!

How come you can't drop the mop and eggs into a tub and add the fungal meds to it that way?