· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Hobbs
    I have been reading also that all crypts do well in low to moderate light as well as hydro's, jungle val and echinodorus. None of the red plants will work in lower lit tanks nor the flowering variety. Those need brighter lights. Now that I have my pearl grass, I read that it needs bright light. ppttfff! More wasted money.

I do a lot of reading in Arizona Gardens plant section. They describe quite a bit about each plant and it's requirements. Easy to see at this site just what light requirements are needed for the different varieties. http://www.azgardens.com/newaquar2.php Very expensive to order from them, however, as their shipping is $20 plus a $5 box free but they offer some HUGE plants if money is not a consideration.
    That is a great site Lady Hobbs! Now I have to refrain from spending to much lol. Just got to window shop for now so hubby does not take the credit card away. ;)

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I also came across this site. It seems pretty detailed on what is needed to keep the plants alive along with a pretty good photo.

http://www.aquariumgarden.com/index....plete_list.php

Shrimp and snail junkie... What can I say, I like the little things in life.

3. Arrow

0 Not allowed!
    I started a new thread so I don't clutter this one up with requests (if anyone even wants it)

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...106#post137106

I created a "beginners" spreadsheet for myself listing all the plants Lady Hobbs had listed as EASY. To help me shop. It has sceinticic name, common name, picture, and 3 columns of info including water parameters, plant height, and how to propagate into more plants etc...

I'm not allowed to attach the file for everyone to help themselves, so if you want a copy, please go over there and let me know. I can email it. Thanks.

Shrimp and snail junkie... What can I say, I like the little things in life.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    i recommend the red ludwiga for a beginner....it is SOOO easy to care for. All i have in my tank is low-med light and CO2 and it grow like a weed. it is great to have. I had ot for about 1 week in my 10g and i had to prune it.

great plant and easy.

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark Whee! - Nick_Pavlovski Drink up! - Drumachine09 For keeping TOF alive! - Drumachine09 For Being A Great Friend - MeganL3985 
    good job - Lady Hobbs I am baking today and figured I'd share...thanks for helping when it's needed! - **AquaQueen** A thank you for adding me to your buddy list :) - *Sarah* for the inspiration, and the friend add :) - calla a cigar for you - Dave66 
    good quiz answer - Dave66 Thanks for being a friend! Cheers! - SkarloeysMom I think you need a book!! (It's a book about fish of course!) - 2manyfish i noticed i havent given you a gift yet! - cocoa_pleco Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985 
    Merry christmas! - cocoa_pleco Merry Christmas :) - squirt_12 Happy Birthday Friend! - SkarloeysMom Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!! - 2manyfish Merry Christmas! - digital3 
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - tropfish AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - tropfish Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - tropfish HIV/AIDS - tropfish Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - tropfish 
    Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - tropfish 

0 Not allowed!
    if you have like 2wpg i would recommed moneymort, i've had mine for 2 weeks and its grown over 6in".
    55g: 1 Severum, 1 Raphael Catfish, 1 Syno Catfish

5g: adopted goldfish..

2.5g: crowntail betta

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    More great information to get me off and running! Thanks.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Can you mix fake and live plants? I already have fake plants in the tank, and wasn't sure about introducing a live one.

My guess is that it doesn't matter, but it's better to be safe then sorry.

0 Not allowed!
    It won't matter but... ... You will probably end up with a tank full of live plants after a while and no more fake LOL they look so amazing.
    75 gallon project
    45 gallon community

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Nice post .thanks!!

10. Question "Carpet"-type beginner plant?

0 Not allowed!
    Any suggestions for a carpet-like, low light requiring, beginner level plant? Y'know, one that is suitable for the foreground of the aquarium?