· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tropheus dubosi

1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    My LFS has had this fish for a year, and nobody has bought it... you'd think he'd cut me a deal with all the business I've given him, not to mention I practically offered to give my 10g setup to him for a discount on the tropheus, but he wouldn't budge.. he said he had to get at least $30 for it because thats what he bought it for.. a year ago.. I suppose he'll wish he had taken the tank when the fish dies....

0 Not allowed!
    If he has had the fish for a year and no one has taken it
    he's got to be asking why? he should cut his losses and
    do a deal with you, tell him if you take the fish of his hands
    it will free his tank up for new stock.
    Mike!

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    A petsmart I buy supplies at had the same situation going on. There were five duboisi ($30) and 12 peacock gudgeons ($15) they had for the better part of a year. They finally chalked it up and dropped the prices though(t.duboisi-$8 , p.gudgeons-$4). They went fast.

Awards Showcase

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs A gift - Tolley A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey You've been a great help, and a great addition to the forum! - harls_aussie For getting into SA  cichlids! - MCHRKiller 
    For all your support and kind comments. - Brookfish merry christmas - cocoa_pleco Seasons Greetings, Have a great Christmas! - Brookfish Have a Merry Xmas! - Demi ^_^ Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea 
    Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey merry freakin Xmas! :D - MCHRKiller Thanks for the help! - cer Happy Holidays! - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Happy Holidays! - korith Thanks for all your help - your a great mate! - Demi ^_^ thanks for trying to help me ID - The Red Severum thanks again! - The Red Severum You are an awsome person of my AC family - Demi ^_^ 

0 Not allowed!
    Same thing happens here. Most Kiwis keep hands in their pockets keeping money safe. So exotic stuff is hard to get.

So when you find it just ask and they tend to nearly give them away. Well to me any way.

mac
    Be a responsible fish keeper! Study before buying!
    Never give in to impulse buying of Aquatic Fish.

Dairy 2IC. NZ Dairy Holdings.
    Turbo fan. Nothing beats a turbo at the lights.
    Oh sorry officer did not realise I was dragging.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    nah he won't budge... I've offered him to give him that 10g complete setup for like... $15... which is a good deal, and I would chalk up the rest to buy the fish.. but he wont do it.. which is insane.. he bought the thing for 30 (so he claims).. if it dies he's out 30, if he gives me a deal, he'll get his 30 eventually cuz he'll sell the 10g setup for something like $80.... and yes I did mention the fact that it would free up his display tank... but as you can see I still don't own the fish, so it clearly wasn't effective

Awards Showcase

RAK - DemonShark CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs for new bed - Lady Hobbs for new wife - Lady Hobbs to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs 
    To get bigger house? - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the shrimp!! They ROCK! - richberstler My Hero - Lady Hobbs guess what this is for?  LOL - Lady Hobbs Thanks for the plant help!!! Rep coming too!!! - jbeining75 
    Sorry for the loss.. Hope you feel better Gene!! - jbeining75 Thanks for becoming a mod - William Congratulations on Moderator Status! - Tolley To your Modship - Lady Hobbs thanks - mitcore 
    Keep your chin up. Your wife is in our prayers. - ILuvMyGoldBarb Thinking of you during this difficult time x - Fishalicious Your wife deserves a treat! - Rue No Message - Algenco No Message - Algenco 
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco 

0 Not allowed!
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

0 Not allowed!
    If you were intending on setting up a colony this site has small tropheus duboisi's at decent prices ($12 for a small Tropheus duboisi Halembe 'Maswa': http://www.davesfish.com/

There are probably other online sites with similar prices.
    African cichlid and saltwater aquariums

http://www.rowelab.com/AquaControlle...9&scope=last24

Awards Showcase

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs A gift - Tolley A round of gifts for my friends at ac! - Wild Turkey You've been a great help, and a great addition to the forum! - harls_aussie For getting into SA  cichlids! - MCHRKiller 
    For all your support and kind comments. - Brookfish merry christmas - cocoa_pleco Seasons Greetings, Have a great Christmas! - Brookfish Have a Merry Xmas! - Demi ^_^ Feliz Navidad !!! - Alfcea 
    Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey merry freakin Xmas! :D - MCHRKiller Thanks for the help! - cer Happy Holidays! - Northernguy Congrats on your award! - Brookfish 
    Happy Holidays! - korith Thanks for all your help - your a great mate! - Demi ^_^ thanks for trying to help me ID - The Red Severum thanks again! - The Red Severum You are an awsome person of my AC family - Demi ^_^ 

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaybee
    If you were intending on setting up a colony this site has small tropheus duboisi's at decent prices ($12 for a small Tropheus duboisi Halembe 'Maswa': http://www.davesfish.com/
    There are probably other online sites with similar prices.
    Sorry for highjacking.

Do these fish ship good. LIke I mean over sea shipping. Say America to NZ?

Shame this fellow is not interested in budging. Maybe just make it clear to him that he will lose money when the fish dies. And that by getting the tank and cash for the fish he will make money. If that dose not work, then I would leave it. Obviously this person wants top dollar. MAybe come back after a few months and see if the fish is there, and start again with him.
    mac
    Be a responsible fish keeper! Study before buying!
    Never give in to impulse buying of Aquatic Fish.

Dairy 2IC. NZ Dairy Holdings.
    Turbo fan. Nothing beats a turbo at the lights.
    Oh sorry officer did not realise I was dragging.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I've spent some big bucks there in the past (used to keep discus) which I have to admit he was more than helpful in helping me acquire them.. I think he has seen me open up my wallet enough to know that eventually I'll just buy it.. but not this time. I honestly don't want the fish anymore... so Its not a big deal...