· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

Default Surprising delivery at a fish store

0 Not allowed!
    Kind of unbelievable, shocking, crazy, at what this fish store owner received instead of his fish delivery.

Link to story.
    It's short so I'll just post it in full here.

PHILADELPHIA Employees of a Pennsylvania pet store expecting a shipment of tropical fish and salt water got a man's dead body instead. Mark Arabia owns the Pets Plus store in northeast Philadelphia, where the mix-up was discovered Tuesday. He says he learned the body was that of a 65-year-old San Diego-area man who died of early onset Alzheimer's disease.

The body was supposed to go to a research laboratory in Allentown, a 70-mile drive away.

US Airways Inc. released a statement saying the air cargo problem was caused by a "verbal miscommunication between a delivery driver and the cargo representative." The Tempe, Ariz.-based airline said it's deeply sorry.

The fish were shipped in three boxes. The corpse was shipped in a wooden coffin wrapped in cardboard.

Arabia said the fish were left at the airport and probably died.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy   Active! - Wild Turkey   Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish   Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy   Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    Good Lord!!! That must have been a little upsetting!
    Sharon

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Nothing is much cooler than a discus! - lobsternoob   

0 Not allowed!
    Terrible, but the dark side of me can't help but hear the conversation on the phone : "Hi, this is Mark from Pets Plus. Listen, that fish you sent me today...he just floats there in the tank..."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For appreciating your mom! - Rue   Thanks for your advice to Gemstone - Boertjie   You should have a fox to! - MCHRKiller   Accidental hijacking! - Wild Turkey   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   
    Autism - invadertoast   

0 Not allowed!
    Yikes - I can't even imagine!

I once got a shipment of 5,000 mealworms that was supposed to go to a zoo in California by mistake. The zoo's name had Lindsay in it, and I, Lindsay, had ordered from the reptile supply company once before. I'm assuming that's where the mix up came from... I got to keep them but my 4 geckos couldn't eat 5000 mealies before they turned to beatles so I gave most away.
    Lindsay

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one - korith   All plant lovers need a plant! - Rue   Thank You! - Northernguy   Thanks Again! lol - Northernguy   For all the kind words! - Brookfish   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishlover49   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishlover49   

0 Not allowed!
    OMG!!
    Nancy

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    They can't tell the difference between a coffin and fish boxes then they have a problem.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wishing You A Happy New Year!!! - Jill   Happy New year - Celtic Fins   May the Anti troll force be with you. - Celtic Fins   2001 posts! - Northernguy   For your helpful fry advice - Cliff   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by invadertoast
    Yikes - I can't even imagine!

I once got a shipment of 5,000 mealworms that was supposed to go to a zoo in California by mistake. The zoo's name had Lindsay in it, and I, Lindsay, had ordered from the reptile supply company once before. I'm assuming that's where the mix up came from... I got to keep them but my 4 geckos couldn't eat 5000 mealies before they turned to beatles so I gave most away.
    It's a good thing, they would have been the size of alligators after eating 5,000 mealies...

Employees of a Pennsylvania pet store expecting a shipment of tropical fish and salt water got a man's dead body instead.
    I had to wonder whether there was a live arrival guarantee...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift, congrats on your awards! - Brookfish   Congratulations on your awards - Celtic Fins   Giving me my kicks - Wild Turkey   Congratulations on your awards - Celtic Fins   Happy St. Patrick's Day ! - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    I can't even imagine what the guy thought when he opened the box...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thank you for all the advice - Cliff   No Message - Aydreean   Thanks! Here's a shrimp for ya. - Flakes4Bait   Thank you!!! - harpua2002   Merry X-mass, and thanks for the help this past year - Cliff   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - korith   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by HendersE
    I can't even imagine what the guy thought when he opened the box...
    Well I've taken a few human anatomy dissection labs, and let me tell ya it is disturbing the first few times you go into the lab. I can't even imagine how shocking it would be to have shown to you w/o warning.

I suppose it could have been worse, they could have sent it to someone's house instead.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Hey woman!  (hug) - Mith   You may need this for the baby peacocks, lol - Brookfish   Hey woman! - Mith   Congratulations on your awards - Celtic Fins   Happy Saint Patricks Day! - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    I guess he's not your usual 'working stiff'