· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice, very simple drip acclimation method. I used to use the color coded tips used for plant irrigation systems, but this is way better because i have the materials on hand, adjustable on the fly... Nice DIY writeup. Also those stupid things would stop the siphon a lot if you didn't watch them carefully. Just tried this out for the heck of it in a cup seems way more reliable. Thanks
    No matter how much I learn or know I'm still gonna be a NOOB, but that doesn't mean I'm an idiot!

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    bump. Great write up!

Awards Showcase

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs Have a beer on me - sailor Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75 happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb 
    Thanks for the congrats...decided to share my wealth LOL - Fishalicious For helping AC with profiles! - William Welcome Back xxx - Fishalicious Good to see you back on. Gotta give one for a local. - oldhead Have  beer on me! Its the weekend. - northernguy 
    Same to you! - NickFish Happy thanksgiving! Enjoy your algae stay away from turkey! : ) - The Red Severum For being so welcoming to a newbie. - Brookfish A Little Extra Luck For You! - Northernguy This one moves! LOL - Wild Turkey 
    For being a great contributor to the community - ILuvMyGoldBarb for driving participation in the forum - Gemini for breaking your winning streak - mrs fishpatrick here tuck in LOL - mrs fishpatrick FOR TEACHING ME SO MUCH - waterhog 
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151 Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Wild Turkey 

0 Not allowed!
    This write-up from amazingH is also great, and easier to do multiple drips if need be (fish that cant be together in the bucket, or fish from different sources)

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aqua...d.php?p=597379

Gj H!

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    I have a good LFS. When I first started this hobby he would not sell me any fish until he tested me water. He gave me a sponge to seed my tank and three weeks later I was back with a water sample and he sold me my first fish and gave me this cup.

No losses since 2005 and almost as easy as floating the bag.
    I've always wanted to post this, everyone's style seem so complicated.

8g planted, CRS shrimp
    29g planted, oto, cardinal tetras, albino sterbai corys, amano shrimp
    90g afra, p. sp. acei, johanni, demasoni cichlids

0 Not allowed!
    thanks. i used to tie multiple knots in the whole length of the tubing. didnt think of using the airline regulator. ive asked a nurse at a hospital to give me one of those clips they attach on the tubes to reduce the flow of saline in to your body which would be good to use.

Tank 1 : 18.7 G Planted 100% Flourite : Amano Shrimps, Red Cherry Shrimps, Endlers. Guppies.
    Tank 2: 8.4 G : Planted Tank Mix of Flourite and Azoo Plant Grower. 8 Danios, Amanos (Plant Propagation Tank)
    Tank 3 : 8.4 G : Mix of Flourite and Azoo Plant Grower.6 Slender Rasboras
    Weekly Liquid Dosing of Nitrate, Potassium, Phosphate, Magnesium, CSM+B and Iron Nutrients for Plants.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    That's funny you mention that Superbsite, most of my co2 setup is made from an IV from my last hospital visit. Theres a buncha nice little valves on
    IV's including nice check valves with filters, those clips, roller clips, and more, if you can get a hold of a cheap IV administration kit, you get, a check valve, a bubble counter, a stop clip like that, a roller valve, and more depending on the setup. It all takes a little modification, and for god's sake make sure it's clean, but...
    No matter how much I learn or know I'm still gonna be a NOOB, but that doesn't mean I'm an idiot!

0 Not allowed!
    no worries. im only using the roller clip where the tube fits in and then you can roller pinch it. i dont want my fish to die of AIDS :)

Tank 1 : 18.7 G Planted 100% Flourite : Amano Shrimps, Red Cherry Shrimps, Endlers. Guppies.
    Tank 2: 8.4 G : Planted Tank Mix of Flourite and Azoo Plant Grower. 8 Danios, Amanos (Plant Propagation Tank)
    Tank 3 : 8.4 G : Mix of Flourite and Azoo Plant Grower.6 Slender Rasboras
    Weekly Liquid Dosing of Nitrate, Potassium, Phosphate, Magnesium, CSM+B and Iron Nutrients for Plants.

Smile

0 Not allowed!
    and that gives me an idea on using your method with an empty saline bag! and LOL Admael on your good use of a Blizzard product, as a placemat for your drip cup!
    Last edited by Surfdog; 03-31-2011 at 07:45 AM.
    Life is tough, it's even tougher if your stupid.
    If your not angry, your not paying attention...
    150G Cube FWLR (Morays) 75G Fresh (Bichers/Gourami) 24G Cube (Reef/Goby/Seahorse's/Garden Eels)
    10G Fresh (Beta)
    2 x 29G Breeders (cycling) to be ready for January 15

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The video no longer works. Could someone repost it?
    كل نفس ذائقة الموت ثم الينا ترجعون

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    The video appears to be unavailable.