· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Ambiance, Elven Country, My Own Little World

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default TROJ's 29 gallon of mystery...

0 Not allowed!
    And why is it a mystery, you might ask? No one can figure out. It's a mystery why it is called a mystery. And that is the mystery!

But anyway, I had one Black Bullhead Catfish that was fitting comfortably in a ten gallon, until... One day, I noticed the tank was starting to look kinda small. So I decided to bump him up to a bigger tank. Specifically, my 29 gal. that was dormant in the attic. I took it down and began strategizing. I cleaned it and went to my friend that has a large amount of driftwood of just about every size (his username is Amazon, btw.). He hooked me up with a really awesome piece of driftwood, and since we live in the same neighborhood and hang out a lot and we're really good friends, he gave it to me free of charge. =P (That saved some cash). Then he told me he got a bulk shipment of Mississippi silt and didn't need it all, so I got some of that as well! (Saved some more cash on substrate) And for those of you that don't know, Mississippi silt is full of minerals and nutrients. So it's good for plants, too. Then I went to my yard, got a few rocks of strange shapes and brought them back. I was dissappointed because I went to my LFS expecting to buy a lot of freshwater plants, but it turns out I bought the last plant (an Anubius Congensis). I like Anubiuses too so it wasn't a total waste. I then carefully planned out the new layout. Once done with that.. (will finish soon, have to upload pics on the other computer, then send them and come back on this one.)
    15 gal: In the attic!

10 gal: Still have to get it out of the attic.

29 gal: Work In Progress-One Black Bullhead Catfish and an Anubius currently. I have to get an Amazon Swordtail, some Java Moss, and some other plants too to complete planting it.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Hummmmmmmm

Noticed your location....My Own Little World. Don't know what else to say.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a pressie :-) - mitcore   Something he doesn't have - Lady Hobbs   Merry Christmas - Lady Hobbs   Donuts are yummy! - AquaBison   Merry Christmas to you as well. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by therealorangejuice
    And why is it a mystery, you might ask? No one can figure out. It's a mystery why it is called a mystery. And that is the mystery!

But anyway, I had one Black Bullhead Catfish that was fitting comfortably in a ten gallon, until... One day, AABatteries told me to move him into the 29g because he needed a bigger tank. Specifically, my 29 gal. that was dormant in the attic. I took it down and began strategizing. I cleaned it and went to my friend that has a large amount of driftwood of just about every size (his username is Amazon, btw.). He hooked me up with a really awesome piece of driftwood, and since we live in the same neighborhood and hang out a lot and we're really good friends, he gave it to me free of charge. =P (That saved some cash). Then he told me he got a bulk shipment of Mississippi silt and didn't need it all, so I got some of that as well! (Saved some more cash on substrate) And for those of you that don't know, Mississippi silt is full of minerals and nutrients. So it's good for plants, too. Then I went to my yard, got a few rocks of strange shapes and brought them back. I was dissappointed because I went to my LFS expecting to buy a lot of freshwater plants, but it turns out I bought the last plant (an Anubius Congensis). I like Anubiuses too so it wasn't a total waste. I then carefully planned out the new layout. Once done with that.. (will finish soon, have to upload pics on the other computer, then send them and come back on this one.)

Quote Originally Posted by AABatteries
    You are going to need a wayyyyy bigger tank for him. He can get up 18in. You should look into getting at least a 75g. You should set-up the 29g and get it cycling and move him there when its done cycling.
    Quote Originally Posted by therealorangejuice
    Alright, I'll set up the 29 gal. tomorrow, add gravel and the basics and start it up. I figured I'd need to bump up his aquarium size soon. There's nothing like starting a new aquarium to get you in the mood for aquascaping. However, I'll just let it go through at least the high-ammonia phase before putting any living thing in it (whether it's plants or animals).

Ambiance, Elven Country, My Own Little World

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Talking Responses/Report II

0 Not allowed!
    @AA - I was already about to do it, you were.. a catalyst, AA. You sped up the process. So thank you for that.

@LadyHobbs-Yes, I am in my own little world. And it's actually not that tiny (1.2 times the circumference of the Earth.)

I'm going to Santa Fe on Wednesday, so I hope The Eliminator does okay. I'm having Amazon come and check on and feed him Friday, but.. I'm still worried.

As far as the tank goes, there's not much to report, except that the water is only slightly cloudy now and he has made his home in the plant and the driftwood cave.
    15 gal: In the attic!

10 gal: Still have to get it out of the attic.

29 gal: Work In Progress-One Black Bullhead Catfish and an Anubius currently. I have to get an Amazon Swordtail, some Java Moss, and some other plants too to complete planting it.