User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nana flower

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to the AC ! - Northernguy   

Default Nana flower

0 Not allowed!
    I bought this little nana 3 weeks ago for a new tank but decided to put it in my daughter's established tank instead. The other day I noticed it was flowering and I couldn't believe it. Its in a 12 gallon tank with stock 13w of light.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the nice post - Lady Hobbs   a gift your you! - squirt_12   beautiful blue discus - Algenco   felt like it - Lady Hobbs   for all the help! - squirt_12   
    Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - ILuvMyGoldBarb   Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - ILuvMyGoldBarb   

0 Not allowed!
    Very nice. It doesn't take a lot of light for Anubia's to flower and grow well. Just be sure you don't have the rhizome below the surface of the substrate, it will rot if it is. Very very nice looking plant you have there.
    Considering a Marine Aquarium? A Breakdown of the Components, Live Rock, Cycling a Marine Tank

"The capacity to learn is a gift; The ability to learn is a skill; The WILLINGNESS to learn is a choice." - Unknown

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats!!!!! - Gayle   Congrats on your degree! - fins_n_fur   Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    looks great. Mine did the same thing when i moved it from my 30g which it had been for months to my 110g where it flowered instantly.

Just a caution it might be a plant survival method. If the plant senses changes in the environment and can't adapt very well it may try to put it's last remaining resources into flowering and producing young.

I highly doubt this is the case but you just never know.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here are some spring flowers to make you smile - kimmers318   Thought You Could Use More Gifts! :) - MeganL3985   I'm a sucker for you!  (I couldn't think of anything) - Kuli_Loach   I can't cook so I made you a sandwich : ) - Kuli_Loach   Nice Fishies You Got! Have Fun Picking More!! :) - MeganL3985   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Sarahmom   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Sarahmom   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - *Sarah*   

0 Not allowed!
    very nice, and is that just plain ol' silica? I'd love to have live plants in my 100gal but I'm pretty sure my Severums would dispose of them.
    10 Gallon FW with Male Betta, 1 male Endler, and 5 Zebra Danios, 100 Gallon with Sevs, Acaras, Parrots and Loaches.

Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by PUNISHER VETTE
    Just a caution it might be a plant survival method. If the plant senses changes in the environment and can't adapt very well it may try to put it's last remaining resources into flowering and producing young.
    That is a good point and I hope it is not the case for me!

Quote Originally Posted by *Sarah*
    very nice, and is that just plain ol' silica?
    It is just play sand from Lowes.

Living in Victoria, Canada; Born in Mexico City

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

My neons and other fishies thank you for your help!! - fishymommy   For the good health of your plants and their strong growth! - W_Oz   have a guppy, lol, we have about 60 fry - labnjab   ahh you need more gifts!! - The Red Severum   Why have I never gave you a gift?! - Tolley   

Cool

0 Not allowed!
    Wow! It is really beautiful! Congratulations! I've never seen mine blossom up... do you have any tips? lol!
    By Alfredo Franco-Cea
    30 gallon tank -- low light -- tannin stained water
    FAUNA: 7 zebra danios; 5 neon tetras; one male green swordtail; 2 female adult platies (plus fry); 6 bleeding heart tetras; 6 false rummy nose tetras
    FLORA: Anubias, Java Moss, Ceratophyllum, Java Fern, Windeløv's Fern

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holidays! - Northernguy   Just a little something to wet your whisle - Lady Hobbs   Thanks, and good luck with the 'scape! - doug z   Happy Easter! - Northernguy   Sorry for you loss! - Little Embers   

0 Not allowed!
    very nice ... how long did it take it to flower ... I put some nana in my 46g about 4 weeks ago ... it would be nice if they did that
    120 Gallon Freshwater - Planted

“Every measure which establishes legal charity on a permanent basis and gives to it an administrative form creates thereby a class unproductive and idle, living at the expense of the class which is industrious and given to work.” -- Alexis de Tocqueville

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Just because... - alfcea   for starting a saltwater tank - cocoa_pleco   Tanks really coming together! - oldhead   merry christmas - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  :) - KrytterKrys   

0 Not allowed!
    Cool. 1 of ours flowered after 6 months, but the flower died after a month, but now it looks like another is going to bloom

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Alfcea - I just threw it in there and weighted it down a little to keep it from floating off. I do have one Flourish root tab in the tank, about 6 inches away from that nana but I don't know how much nutrients it gets through the roots.

geowashlaw - It was about 2 weeks after I got it that I noticed the flower starting to pop up.

I have been looking at AHSuopply with the intent of rigging a new DIY light in that Eclipse hood, but now I may not bother.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats!!!!! - Gayle   Congrats on your degree! - fins_n_fur   Congratulations on your award - Celtic Fins   Merry Christmas - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    well i know mine flowered right when i put it in the tank as well as another month or two after so be prepared to have another flowering if it makes it.

EDIT: i actually have a picture of it. not to hyjack this thread but maybe you'd enjoy these and will have something to look forward to with your anubis.

Although it doesn't look nearly as good as yours does since my tank was going through it's horrible algae crisis of 2008.

you can see the already established flower with the new one coming up to join it.

and here it is flowered and deeper into my algae crisis.
    Last edited by PUNISHER VETTE; 03-04-2009 at 08:55 PM.