· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here is a lucky Blue Ram - Northernguy   A paci for the babies!  Congrats, Grandma! - Ellen4God   Your first fry!  lol - Northernguy   Hang in there - William   Let's talk about SEX baby  LOL  Ignore the kids on here that get annoyed at everything xxx - Fishalicious   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Lynn Conroy   

Thumbs up I need my fishy friends prayers & support...please.

0 Not allowed!
    Tuesday March 3rd I have my final (I Hope!) reconstructive breast surgery.
    Yes, I'm starting to get just a teeny weeny bit nervous at this point.

Right before Christmas 2006 I learned I had breast cancer. Everything happened at warp speed in 2007. First a Lumpectomy Jan.10th, followed by Mammo-site radiation (new-4 years old) and then the dreaded Chemotherapy.
    I had a Chemo called CMF. All likelyhood that I WOULDN'T lose my hair but it might thin a bit, not noticeably. It WAS noticeable. For the 1st time since 1972 I have very short hair!

It was a difficult year but I AM A SURVIVOR!!!!!!!!

Last year on Sept. 17th I had reconstructive surgery to even both breasts out. It went well but I need a little "touch up." That's next week.

This certainly HAS changed my life. Cancer was always "someone else." I've started doing fund raising for breast cancer through The Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund of Central New York. Carol and her daughter Beth were so good to me during my difficult time, even attending my main surgery with my husband and all my friends. I had 13 men and women waiting for me to recover. I'm blessed with terrific friends and a wonderful husband. I would be remiss to NOT mention him. My loyal (semper fi) Marine/Cop was the picture of strength and encouragement. Then I learned from my secretary and neighbors that he would go to see them and cry.

Anyway, you may have seen Carol Baldwin and some of her "sons" on t.v. Daniel raised $50,000 on Celebrity Poker for her organization and Stephen $120,000? can't remember that one) on Donald Trump's program. All monies are for research in a local hospital in Syracuse and in New York City as they were originally from there.

The good news is that during a fund raising event I had in October (breast cancer awareness month) Carol told me that one of her New York city doctors had a breakthrough! Something that will kill ONLY the bad cells! This is marvelous news and could mean drastic changes in Chemotherapy.

I will try to post some photos of me with Daniel at my event and also me with Billie Baldwin at a Bikers for Breast Cancer event. I also am featured on a notecard (me & 10 other women on separate cards) reminding women to get their yearly Mammograms. It's very funny. Supposed to be sold in Target stores throughout the country sometime this year. I'll try to post that, too. I'm not the most computer literate person.....Might need some help.

Lastly, since I'm on my soapbox...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get Mammograms ladies. (Men can get breastcancer, too, guys!) It is a matter of life and death. My tumor was 1.2 centimeters and was being watched for 3 years. It was very close to my chest wall. NO ONE could feel it. If it hadn't been for Mammography, by the time it would have been detected by feel...it would have been too late for me. It would have been huge and probably have spread to Lymph glands and most likely my chest since it was so close!

And, please remember me in your prayers especially Tuesaday morning. Surgery is at 8:00 am EST. Whomever you pray to...Neptune, Poseidon...LOL! I love you guys. Everyone has been so helpful and friendly to me. This is my first ever Forum! After all the cancer stuff, you worry about will it come back, will it spread...My husband said I needed a hobby. Guess what I chose? FISH.
    55 gallon: 1 Tiger Oscar (Thomas) & 1 Pleco (unnamed so far)

20 gallon: 1 Red Wag Platy (Groucho) & 1 Gold/Black Mollie (Sunshine) & net pen with 9 baby Platys

20 gallon: 2 Red Wag Platys (Martha & Martin), 2 black Mollies (Mike & Obie) & 1 Gold/Black Mollie (Zombie) plus net pen with 8 gold/black Mollies.

2 gallon: Betta (Lancelot)
    2 gallon: Betta (Elwood Blue 2)
    2 gallon: Betta (Red Green)

REMEMBER: MAMMOGRAMS SAVE LIVES! Have you had yours this year?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You deserve a gift ! :) - MeganL3985   For doing research!  BTW...college ;) - Rue   Put him with Bruce.... - jbeining75   Its good to have company - smaug   Thought this might help while your're sick. Hope you feel better soon. - ILuvMyGoldBarb   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Ellen4God   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Ellen4God   

0 Not allowed!
    You got it, Lynn! Cancer is such a terribly scary thing, but oh the joy in being able to say that you're a survivor! :) I pray that it all goes well next week.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Here is a lucky Blue Ram - Northernguy   A paci for the babies!  Congrats, Grandma! - Ellen4God   Your first fry!  lol - Northernguy   Hang in there - William   Let's talk about SEX baby  LOL  Ignore the kids on here that get annoyed at everything xxx - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you so so much Ellen.
    By the way...remember the pacifier you got me for my 1st baby?
    I NOW have 18 more babies not counting the 1st. Holy Catfish Andy!
    Thanks for the prayers. I'm SURE I'll be ok but am apprehensive. Great doctor though.

My next card for fund raising is for reconstructive surgery.
    My doctor has agreed to be part of it. I will be laying on a gurney covered with a sheet and he will stand over me in his hospital blues with a chain saw.
    "We can rebuild her. We can make her better." Funny, no?

20 gallon: 1 Red Wag Platy (Groucho) & 1 Gold/Black Mollie (Sunshine) & net pen with 9 baby Platys

20 gallon: 2 Red Wag Platys (Martha & Martin), 2 black Mollies (Mike & Obie) & 1 Gold/Black Mollie (Zombie) plus net pen with 8 gold/black Mollies.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You needed one - korith   All plant lovers need a plant! - Rue   Thank You! - Northernguy   Thanks Again! lol - Northernguy   For all the kind words! - Brookfish   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - fishlover49   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - fishlover49   

0 Not allowed!
    You have my support and prayers.
    Nancy

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away."

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Bless you. Thanks!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

RAK - DemonShark   CONGRATULATIONS DADDY - Lady Hobbs   for new bed - Lady Hobbs   for new wife - Lady Hobbs   to remodel steps - Lady Hobbs   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Algenco   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Algenco   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Algenco   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Algenco   Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - Algenco   

0 Not allowed!
    Prayers sent, we have to consult a Surgeon Thurs
    As I get older I find myself thinking about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

AC's Free Aquarium Ebook

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a houdini lol - angelcakes   Happy Hols! - fins_n_fur   On your new award!  LOL - Lady Hobbs   You need another gift bud! - Brookfish   cheers - Algenco   

0 Not allowed!
    All my best wishes to you, your family and friends. Glad you picked fish as a hobby. Prayers be with you.
    "Sometimes there just aren't enough rocks."
    -Forrest Gump-

My first blog ever. Tell me what you think of my writing skills...or lack of!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Poofaye C.
    All my best wishes to you, your family and friends. Glad you picked fish as a hobby. Prayers be with you.
    Thanks Poofaye

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

ya needed one - korith   for being super sweet - Lynn Conroy   I told you I'd use it well ;-) - DragonWatch   Something for your tank,  and for being a good sport. - Brookfish   Happy Saint Patricks Day! - Brookfish   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lobsternoob   

0 Not allowed!
    You will be in my prayers Lynn. I've never been a fan of the Baldwins as actors, but it sounds like they are doing great work so I've just become a fan of them as people. Cancer is a terrible killer and breast cancer is a form that yes often goes undetected until it is too late. I commend you for doing all you can to spread the word and knowledge to people that truly need it. I wish you all the best in your upcoming surgery, and don't worry, you've already been through the worst. I can only hope and pray for you that the best is coming soon!

Glad to hear you got into fishkeeping as a hobby, it is truly relaxing, and rewarding, after living through what you have you need some relaxation and enjoyment. I've seen a few of your posts, and I just love what you're doing to inform people about a truly nasty killer.
    No matter how much I learn or know I'm still gonna be a NOOB, but that doesn't mean I'm an idiot!