· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Question Java moss in newt tank?

0 Not allowed!
    I really want to get my hand on some java moss, i have 3 tanks, one 5 gallon newt tank, one tropical FW 30 gallon, and a ten gallon guppy/platty takn. I want to incorperate it into all tanks if it is possibel. What are the possiblities or puttng it in my newt tank (in or out of water). will my guppies eat it, they are always picking at the algea on the glass and fake plant. What fish are know to eat this stuff?
    -thanks a lot

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift! Thank you for all your great posts =D - Ryuu   for guessing till your gills turned red!  you deserve one!  lol - KrytterKrys   Have a gift! - Tolley   For all your kind comments. Thank you - Celtic Fins   I thought you needed a front. - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    I don't see any problem with putting it in the newt tank. IME my guppies have never eaten java moss.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift - Lady Hobbs   Have a beer on me - sailor   Fresh outta the Chesapeke...maybe..lol - jbeining75   happy 21st birthday yay - angelcakes   Happy birthday! - Tigerbarb   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - turkey151   Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - turkey151   Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - Wild Turkey   Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Wild Turkey   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Wild Turkey   

0 Not allowed!
    Guppies wont eat live plants

Java moss is one of the easiest plants to grow, if something will grow usually its java (there are exceptions though)

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    any ideas how to incorperate it into my tank? i have natural rocks in 2 of them.
    Last edited by MikeTag; 02-27-2009 at 01:05 AM.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Question

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by troy
    I don't see any problem with putting it in the newt tank. IME my guppies have never eaten java moss.
    How can i incorprate the moss into my tanks? expecially the newt tank?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift! Thank you for all your great posts =D - Ryuu   for guessing till your gills turned red!  you deserve one!  lol - KrytterKrys   Have a gift! - Tolley   For all your kind comments. Thank you - Celtic Fins   I thought you needed a front. - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    I would just stick a clup of it in the tank.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    I have a lot in my 55 Viquarium. I use it as a ground cover in the land area to cover the gravel. It will attach to everything, gravel, sand, filters, glass, decor, anything.

The only problem I can think of is if it becomes very dense the newts could get tangled in it, but it would have to be very dense to do that.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist and Published Author in Multiple Aquarium Magazines
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Advanced Aquarium Concepts: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishguy2727
    I have a lot in my 55 Viquarium. I use it as a ground cover in the land area to cover the gravel. It will attach to everything, gravel, sand, filters, glass, decor, anything.

The only problem I can think of is if it becomes very dense the newts could get tangled in it, but it would have to be very dense to do that.
    thats a good idea, but wat happends if it get into the filter(like little peices)?

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    If enough gets in there it can clog stuff up.
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist and Published Author in Multiple Aquarium Magazines
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Advanced Aquarium Concepts: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishguy2727
    If enough gets in there it can clog stuff up.
    Thanks . Id really like to see your tank that has the moss as a ground cover, you have any pictures?!?!?