· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default The best kind of plant?

0 Not allowed!
    Whats the hardiest type of bulbed aquarium plant??
    Pineapplekylee

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Welcome to AC - Lady Hobbs   Thanks for being a nice person! ...and the fiendship! :-) - digital3   Thanks for ID'ing my Apisto - Spyder   youre always so nice! - cocoa_pleco   Merry Christmas Jess :) - MeganL3985   
    Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Fishalicious   Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fishalicious   Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Fishalicious   HIV/AIDS - Fishalicious   

0 Not allowed!
    I'd say the lotus.. in low light the leaves grow smaller and in hight light they stay lower and grow huge leaves but they are pretty much are happy anywhere...
    My own Fish Blog
    Small Fish for Small Tanks

'The measure of kindness is that you are kind without measure'

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    My dwarf lily is trouble free and Ive had it for a year and a half.There is a pic of it in last months cpotm archives.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift! Thank you for all your great posts =D - Ryuu   for guessing till your gills turned red!  you deserve one!  lol - KrytterKrys   Have a gift! - Tolley   For all your kind comments. Thank you - Celtic Fins   I thought you needed a front. - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Aponogeton for me. I had one once survive in a tank that had no lighting for several months.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the lotus! - Brookfish   No Message - toddnbecka   You have the BEST tank and fish I've ever seen! It's my dream tank! - james20   congrats on canada - frank_zappa   congrats on canada's gold... - frank_zappa   

0 Not allowed!
    i like Dwarf Hygrophila, they grow fast and made all my tanks look great after 1 moth.
    65G plant

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Anyone that had a trio of angels deserves a gift. - Brookfish   Thanks for all the help in PM - Taurus   Great pic! - Brookfish   You need a bigger school of angels! lol - Northernguy   Heres a neon for your tank! - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    Apons and Lillys are both pretty hardy and easy to care for. Apons typically grow a little faster but have smaller leaves.
    75G Planted Blue Themed Community Tank:
    Neon Tetras, Blue Platties, Blue Guppies, Blue Snails, & a pleco
    with 4 hang off breeder tanks for Blue/Red Platty Project

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

just felt like celebrating today. - gabbyguppy   thanks for the plants - mommy1   Congrats on the new cube tank! - Pleco380   GRRR back at you - mommy1   Thanks for all the plants! - Lab_Rat   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Jacko   

0 Not allowed!
    I like lilies the most, I've never had one die on me, right now I've got 2 types, one's a normal pond lily, but is in enough light I guess to stay nice and low, hasn't grown more than 5 inches upwards and has about 15 leaves going out in a rosette, been like this for about 2 months without much change (a few leaves die, a few grow back).

My lotus is pretty easy to care for too, except right now it's kinda leafless... I was rearranging it's tank and took it out and kinda forgot about it... bulb was fine, leaves were crispy.