· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Wecome to the forum - Lady Hobbs   ...Use it wisely. - Drumachine09   Superman of tanks big and bigger - Lady Hobbs   Cheers! - alizee340   for knowing stuff - Nick_Pavlovski   
    World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Dave66   

0 Not allowed!
    Saw that, Hobbsy. Sometimes the compassion of the human race surprises me.

Dave
    When a finger points to the moon, the imbecile looks at the finger.

Omnia mutantur nihil interit.

The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Member of the month, a toast is in order. - Strider199   Sorry about your blood parrot :-( - ~firefly~   For this; http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/aquariumforum/showthread.php?t=111325 - Strider199   :-) - ~firefly~   Happy mother's day! Enjoy one on me LOL - imma24   
    Childhood Cancer - hobbs   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - hobbs   Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Lady Hobbs   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Lady Hobbs   Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Lady Hobbs   

0 Not allowed!
    Sometimes the lack of compassion surprises me, as well.

I saw about this struggle with these dolphins several days ago, of course I had to dream about them so got up to see if they have been freed.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

ya needed one - korith   for being super sweet - Lynn Conroy   I told you I'd use it well ;-) - DragonWatch   Something for your tank,  and for being a good sport. - Brookfish   Happy Saint Patricks Day! - Brookfish   
    Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - lobsternoob   

0 Not allowed!
    Never been the biggest dolphin fan, they're cool and all, but well that's just a good heartwarming story. At least some people still care enough to do something, instead of just saying "gee that's a shame."
    No matter how much I learn or know I'm still gonna be a NOOB, but that doesn't mean I'm an idiot!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy   Active! - Wild Turkey   Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish   Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy   Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    I've been watching this as well, as it happened a few hundred kilometers from here. People were upset that an icebreaker was not sent in. In actual fact, an icebreaker would have made things much worse for the dolphins. There were five at the beginning, and three were released. We hope that they made it to safety...
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    They said an icebreaker would have pushed even more ice their way. This happened a few years ago in Alaska and 200 + whales had to be killed.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Good posts! Welcome to the AC - Gemini   You need another gift! - Northernguy   :) - SamAnthrax   :D - SamAnthrax   

0 Not allowed!
    I saw this as well but didn't quite understand how they got stuck...

How does an intelligent aquatic animal end up getting trapped in a circle of ice that it can't swim under?
    "If you aren't part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate"

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy   Active! - Wild Turkey   Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish   Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy   Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    Dolphins are mammals and need to surface for air. When they swam into the small cove, they would have been following food. There would have been open water. The wind changed direction, and the ice moved in closer to shore. This trapped them in a small area of water. To aggravate matters, that small area water started to freeze due to a cold snap. The dolphins were then struggling to keep the hole in the ice open, so they could continue to surface.
    Sharon