· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I just thought you deserved a gift. - Brookfish   For Some Luck! - Northernguy   A lil fishy to brighten your day. - mollielover   Seasons Greetings, - Brookfish   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   

Default CAn I put in a black moor?

0 Not allowed!
    I know that goldfish can live in tropical conditions. So can I put a black moor in my 55? It's community tank and all fish would be compatible. Would it be to hard to feed it and too much of a hassle? Opinions wanted!
    We can be as honest as we are ignorant. If we are, when asked what is beyond the horizon of the known, we must say that we do not know.

Robert G. Ingersoll

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Merry Christmas - Abbeys_Mom   Great advice thanks - nraposa   Thanks for helping me with my cichlids - Drumachine09   Always good answers - Lady Hobbs   You dont have enough gifts. - Drumachine09   

0 Not allowed!
    What is the temp?
    What are all the fish that are in there now?
    What is the nitrate concentration?
    Aquarist since 1995
    Biologist and Published Author in Multiple Aquarium Magazines
    Owner: Aquarium Maintenance Company
    Advanced Aquarium Concepts: Articles about many aspects of aquarium care.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

I just thought you deserved a gift. - Brookfish   For Some Luck! - Northernguy   A lil fishy to brighten your day. - mollielover   Seasons Greetings, - Brookfish   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishguy2727
    What is the temp?
    What are all the fish that are in there now?
    What is the nitrate concentration?

Temp is 77 about to be 75 :) Still haven't brought it all the way back down from when I had ick for ever ago. LOL

Nitrate stays at ten but does get lower at times. I am pretty religious about water changes. Though I have to do more than once a week because the ph out of the tap is so much different before it ages. 6.0 vs 7.4

The only fish I have that are even an 'if' are bleeding heart tetra and the reason I call them ifs .... is because they are ravenous little things that eat like crazy! The rest of my stock are cardinals and some black neons and a pair of GBR and Bolivians whom don't bother anyone.
    We can be as honest as we are ignorant. If we are, when asked what is beyond the horizon of the known, we must say that we do not know.

Robert G. Ingersoll

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy   Active! - Wild Turkey   Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish   Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy   Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    GBRs aren't going to do well at 75 degrees...
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    GBRs aren't going to do well at 75 degrees...
    They were doing okay with it before they got ick. hmmm Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll leave it where it is then. I did forget about the GBR needing slightly warmer water. The bolivians do well in water up to 85! But I don't think everyone would appreciate that. LOL

Okay fish guy.... how about 78 for the black moor?

Well my my. I went over to check the temp and apparently it is 79 in there. Hmm thought it was 77
    Last edited by lovleeko; 02-17-2009 at 07:17 PM.

Robert G. Ingersoll

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy   Active! - Wild Turkey   Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish   Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy   Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    Maybe the low temps is the reason they got ich...
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharon
    Maybe the low temps is the reason they got ich...
    No the other fish had ick and I thought It was gone and started taking the salt out and that's when I got the rams. Anyway, I will keep the temp up. Thanks for the reminder. My poor rams. I was going to forget all about them! Bad fish mommy. Will you be my fish god parents Sharon?

Robert G. Ingersoll

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Come to think about it I guess I might not be able to get the black moor with the rams :( DArn, oh well

Robert G. Ingersoll

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Oh well...an expression often used by fishkeepers! I'll be glad to be your fishes godmother....I'm not expecting grandchildren any time soon!!! My daughter is looking for the perfect man, despite my telling her there is no such animal!
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Thanks for the quote - **AquaQueen**   Message for you sir! - Aeonflame   

0 Not allowed!
    I have tried to keep moors with tropicals many years ago [didn't know any better ,the warm temps needed for tropicals is in conflict with the cooler temps needed for moors.Its not that they are a cold water fish but they definitely do much better and are less prone to fin and eye problems when kept cool.They are also not the most competitive fish in the tank and there inability to keep up with your other fish would be an issue for them when it comes to feeding time.