· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Monthly filter rinse/weekly WC done. Found a molted shrimp shell and all 3 are accounted for so seems they are doing pretty well in there.
    29: Zebra Danios, Black Skirt Tetras, CAE
    20L: Guppies, Platies, Neons, Peppered Corys
    10: Harlequin Raspboras, Otos, Amano Shrimp
    2.5:<empty>

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    WC done (well downstairs, have to wait for the other half to wake up before getting the 20L upstairs) nice way to start the new year...

Hands down the CAE has become my favorite~cagey character he has a cave he runs to when he sees me, but he'll go right to a small hole and peek out to watch what I'm up to. He has full run of the 29 bottom. My son got a new Canon camera so I'm going to try to get a shot of this guy/gal?

I want to get some more Amano shrimp~doing some reading and found they are also called "algae-eating shrimp" which explains why I find them on the glass~they're fun to watch, wondering if they add any bioload to a tank...thinking of moving the harlequins upstairs in the 20L and bringing the neons downstairs then adding maybe 3 more shrimp...

Also considering adding shrimps to the upstairs...definitely have enough hiding places up there for them..

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Weekly WC done~added some ghost shrimps to all 3 tanks last week, only a few survived...I've figured out that, unlike the Amano, they aren't strong enough to stay away from the intake filters on the ACs...pulled off several living ones, never had Amanos get stuck...and some of these ghosties are as big as the Amanos. Don't like the idea of sponge over the intake since that essentially turns my power filter into a power sponge filter...i dunno.

Otherwise all well...

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Filter rinse/WC time again~~all well.

Few times a year I'll put an AC back together and plug in and the propellor won't spin. I've always dumped the water, took apart, rinsed, put back together and all ok. Happened twice today on two separate filters. The second one I was a little frustrated and got a pocket knife and tapped the side and it kicked right on...I'm probably the only one that didn't know that trick I'm a moron..

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Ummmm...I don't know that trick! Did you tap the motor?

1 Not allowed!
    Tap the motor and if that doesn't work, tap the filter housing near the motor.
    When in doubt, do a water change.

"This ain't rocket science!"

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Missed a couple postings for WCs~~been busy with things.

Big guppy die off the past couple days~nearly all the males dead, last one won't be around long...two big females seem fine, other tank mates seem fine (including neons). Water test (API Master) with Amm~0, 'rite~0, 'rate~40-80 (both colors look identical on the chart to us so I'll assume 80 which would be high)...

Ummmm...I don't know that trick! Did you tap the motor?
    And yes I tapped the motor lol guess I didn't make that clear :)

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Missed posting again~getting old and forgetful lol. Only a couple guppies left, still not sure what happened there though neons, platies, and corys are still fine. I'm considering moving the harlequins upstairs and making the 10 a shrimp/oto tank and maybe putting a beta in there. My wife complains I don't have any "color" in my downstairs tanks so...

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    All good~miss posting monthly rinse/WC last week~~transferred into another dept at work so a disrupted couple weeks.

Found two more shrimp shells at WC last week~they're doing real good, added two more corys to that tank since I lost nearly all the guppies (only two females remaining, may pick up another male).

Was at LFS yesterday and in their display tank I saw a bigger CAE like mine, he saw me and dashed into a cave, found a hole and eyeballed me, just like mine does~they are funny fish. Mine tried to chase after a danio but his fat butt gave up after about 3 inches and he flopped back to the bottom...I've named him Elvis lol.

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    WC all done~thinking of adding a platy male to go with the females~~the corys seem a bit tame since the guppy die off, it seems they liked the frenzied activity in the upper part of the tank, now they seem to laze around. Added two peppered corys to the pack and they were welcomed in with much kisses and snuggles lol.