· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Another WC done.

When I got the harlequins there were six in one tank and one in another...I got all seven. It seems the single was never integrated into the main group, never saw any aggressiveness towards the loner so it may have been as much the that one as the group of six. When I researched I read this is not uncommon behavior after all...they're not like the neons who will (in my experience) group together regardless if a single or several is introduced to existing shoal...interesting..
    29: Harlequin Raspboras, Zebra Danios, Black Skirt Tetras, Platies, CAE
    10: Neons, Otos, Amano Shrimp, Ghost Shrimp

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    WC done, got two snails last week, they're not dead, they poke out a little bit then clam up..

Officially down 35lbs this weekend..

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    WC/month filter rinse done~looking for fry in the filters but found none..

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    WC done~got a parasite problem in the big tank on a cory and found another cory dead, figure they came in on the snail, treating w/parasite guard.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    WC done; ended up losing two corys from the parasite infestation. All well now, didn't affect the danios nor tetras.

Beginning week's vacation before starting a great new job, looking forward to getting some things done this week.

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    WC done yesterday, all is well. Going to move the CAE over to the big tank in a week or two~becoming a favorite in spite of the problems associated with them.

Good vacation week, had a good time, visited a local zoo in Thurmont MD (Catoctin Wildlife Park)~~they have a nice koi raised pond where you could literally pick one up or put your fingers in their mouths~~seeing them up close like that was neat even if they were beggars to be fed. And for the first time got to see a real snow leopard, didn't know they got that big. Looking forward to new job starting on Monday :)

<<OK enough of the personal stuff lol>>

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    W/C + filter rinse done yesterday...new job, rotating days off means I'll be cycling through the week on my water changes. Set up a 4th tank for a couple of guppy fry refugees found in a filter...they were just a tad bit small to put into the harlequin tank so they'll live in the 2.5 tank for a month. I moved the baby guppy from the harlequin tank to the upstairs guppy tank and moved the CAE over to the 29 gal tank. Replaced airstones in the 10 & 29 and replaced the old plastic airlines with black silicone lines and looks much nicer and easier to work with since they are soft.

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Missed a couple weeks~new job/shift still getting adjusted.

WC done~fresh zucchini from the garden (which means I left the rind on, never do that with store bought veggies) and the otos & CAE & guppy old-timers are munching it down...Corys never touch any of the zucchini or lettuce or cucumber I put in, guess if they didn't have it when they were young they don't recognize as food? I put in plenty but if they aren't interested it's their loss.

Set up the little 2.5 gal for a couple of tiny guppy fry who managed to escape the platy/guppy cartel but they seemed a bit small to put into the harlequin tank so thought I'd let them grow out a bit. Thinking of moving some of the guppy males into the harlequin tank later on.

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Monthly filter rinse/WC done saturday~everyone loves garden fresh zucchini over store-bought...even the platys worked a slice over after seeing the guppies eat.

Caught a fair-sized ant in the house~dropped it in the big tank and one of the black skirts snagged it and ate it...like a hungry shark on wounded seal...

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Weekly WC completed~all good.

Odd issue~I rescued a fry from the guppy tank. It's different, thought maybe it was deformed. Appears healthy except it is already coloring orange, the body is rounder, and though a couple weeks younger than the other two fry it's already bigger. It is still skittish and shy though isn't afraid to eat.

My first instinct is that it is platy fry~~it has the exact platy idiosyncrasies. However they haven't been exposed to a male in well over a year and that male was a swordtail...and I don't think they store sperm that long. Everything I've read says guppies & platys can't crossbreed so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast