· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Default

0 Not allowed!
    WC done yesterday; getting to where I could vac the gravel every other week and simply change the water. Not pulling as much crud up out of the gravel as I used to.

Again found that moving my guppies to a bigger tank lets them mature better; turns out about half the herd are males and what nice collection of coloration...lots of oranges and blues, and unlike the platies they chase after the end of the vac tube like they found another female lol.
    29: Harlequin Raspboras, Zebra Danios, Black Skirt Tetras, Platies, CAE
    10: Neons, Otos, Amano Shrimp, Ghost Shrimp

2. Default

0 Not allowed!
    WC done.

Broke a bone in my thumb near the tip Thursday morn so it's been an interesting few days..

3. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Another WC done~going to move the neons upstairs with the guppies & platies...this 10 gal tank is in a high traffic area so I figure that is a reason for their shyness...the upstairs bedroom 20L may be more to their liking and they can get reacquainted with their former guppy tankmates.

I'm going to put in harlequin raspboras (8) into the 10 with the otos~~and maybe add a snail..the algae is not being controlled by the otos very well and maybe a snail could help...though I do scrub off the excess on occasion so it's not that big a deal.

Also hope with an active school the otos will come out again...I generally see maybe one or two on the driftwood but it's rare to even see any clinging to the glass. They're generally hiding in the underside of the cave during the day...the cucumber certainly gets eaten up lol.

4. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Monthly filter rinse/WC done.

Moved the neons upstairs and got 7 harlequin raspboras and a CAE for the oto tank and yes I'll be watching the CAE closely.

Also picked up 3 each black skirts and zebra danios to round out the schools--huge sale at petsmart and I have great success with their stock. Everyone settling in nicely. I think I may be done except for adding a few more harlequins in the future.

5. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Interestingly enough the otos came out~~they became nocturnal after I removed the guppies...when I put the harlequins in they came out and today they've returned to their normal active selves...it seems they are more at home when there is activity at higher level in tank than the activity of the neons at the bottom...

6. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Also to add~rescued a guppy fry from the filter during the monthly rinsing yesterday..actually found two but one was deformed so I fed it to the danio/black skirts~put the good one in with the harlequins since they're so small and the tank has lots of hiding places for fry. This morning I saw the little guy swimming in open water alongside the harlequins lol.

7. Default

0 Not allowed!
    WC done yesterday; new inhabitants are doing great, fry living well amongst the harlequins.

The harlequings are fun to watch, very active and schooling together all over the tank--like to have them in the 29...be nice to have another 29 tank and put the inhabitants of the 20L and 10 together and have it planted.

Neons seem to enjoy being back in with the guppies, come feeding time it's like it was in the 10 the neons and guppies are all mashed together in a frenzy...they're not "shy" when it's feeding time.

<personal note: officially lost 31 lbs since January~~228>

8. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Another WC done; never fails to amaze me how different each breed of fish is when I vac the gravel...platies and neons and harlequins are horrified and run away, guppies are stupidly curious to the point of trying to get inside the vac, danios & black skirts are cautiously curious, otos and cories utterly ignore it to the point of getting bumped out of the way.

1 Not allowed!
    Some photos might improve this journal.
    "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." Carl Sagan
    ~ My 350 Litre Tank Journal ~
    ~ My 30 Litre Tank Journal ~

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Yes~i'm not much of a picture taker and the journal is basically for my use but maybe I'll see what I can do on the photo end.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast