· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Default CQ's 30g Ghost Ship

0 Not allowed!
    One of the concessions my husband asked in exchange for setting the aquariums up in the new house was a tank based around this or similar.

This aquarium is next in line once Tetra Zen is fully stocked--hopefully by summer--so I've been trying to pull together some ideas. Right now I'm leaning towards creating a 'ghost' effect with black/white/silver/see-through fish. Unusual or visually striking fish would be great, but aren't a must. What I'd really like is something I haven't done in the past, so preferably no tetras, live-bearers, or angels.

Any and all bouncing of ideas would be great.

0 Not allowed!
    Well, so much for no tetras.

Since I had today off from work and it was too cold to go out, I spent most of my time looking at fish. The upshot of this was that while there still won't be any live-bearers or angels in the Ghost Ship, most of the fish I liked we tetras. Avoiding them entirely may not be possible!

Options I'm Considering

Top: gourami (pearl, opaline, three-spot)
    Middle: tetra (white rummynose, red eye, diamond, panda, black phantom, black neon, black skirt), rasbora
    Bottom: adolfo, albino, bandit, panda or schwartz cory

Any other mainly black/white/silver fish I should consider?

Awards Showcase

Have another Cory! - steeler58 Have another Cory! - steeler58 I like shoals. :) - Compass Happy Christmas! - Slaphppy7 superbowl 2014 - cm12setx 
    Here's to the retired life! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 Have another tetra just because ;-) - steeler58 Thanks for the plants! - Slaphppy7 Thanks for the rep ;-) - steeler58 

3 Not allowed!
    LOL, was going to respond before but when you said "no tetras", decided I had nothing else to offer. But now, definitely get the Diamonds. They are beautiful in a large group. Love the rummys too.

0 Not allowed!
    You decided your own stocking.
    Pearl for the top.
    10 diamonds or 15 rummys for the middle
    Corys for the bottom.
    When everything goes without a hitch its only then do you realize something is wrong

Awards Showcase

Happy 4th of July! - Taurus Here's to the 4th ;-) - steeler58 Congratulations my friend ;-) - steeler58 For being selected a moderator - fishkeeper4 Thanks for the rep!! - afro123 
    Cheers to the NFL, starting in 8 weeks - Sandz Congratulations, moderator!!! - fishmommie Congrats Mr. Mod! - Rue here's to 10,000 don't ever slow down ;-) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. - cm12setx 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

1 Not allowed!
    Aren't diamonds a bit big and boisterous for a 30G?
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

Happy 2 Year Anniversary! - Slaphppy7 For being my 7,000th poster! - Slaphppy7 T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 TGIF - steeler58 TGIF! - showmebutterfly 
    TGIF! - wgoldfarb T.G.I.F.! - Slaphppy7 thanks for the tip on the ammonia alert.  it's great for cycling with fish. - fishmommie Merry Christmas - steeler58 Merry Christmas - fishmommie 
    Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - gronlaura 

2 Not allowed!
    The diamonds will be fine in a 30 gal, which is a 36 inch tank. I have 12 in my 29 gal and it's a 30 inch tank. Just be sure to have 8 or more in the school to avoid fin nipping.

How about diamond and black skirt tetras and the cory of your choice?
    My 75 gal Journal & My Dual 29 gal Journal
    75 gal - Pristella Tetras, Scissortail Rasboras, Neon Dwarf Rainbowfish, Leopard & Zebra Danios, Wild Caught BNP
    29 gals - Left Tank - Diamond Tetras. Right Tank - Harlequin Rasboras, Peacock Gudgeons
    Future 40 Long - Panda Garras & Glowlight Danios

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....it's about learning to dance in the rain"

Awards Showcase

T.G.I.T.!....cheers! - Slaphppy7 For a fellow tetra lover ;-) - steeler58 For the new fish ;-) - steeler58 Here's to new fish and shrimp ;-) - steeler58 Sorry about your Cat I hope she/he rallies - steeler58 
    Thanks for all the thumbs up ;-) - steeler58 So sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 T.G.I.F. - Slaphppy7 New gifts show still show up : ) - mommy1 Thanks for the help! Cheers! - BluewaterBoof 

0 Not allowed!
    Penguin, emperor, Priscilla tetras are nice too. Penguins can be bossy so need a nice school. Emperor's are beautiful and I haven't had Priscilla but love the look of them.

Awards Showcase

Happy 4th of July! - Taurus Here's to the 4th ;-) - steeler58 Congratulations my friend ;-) - steeler58 For being selected a moderator - fishkeeper4 Thanks for the rep!! - afro123 
    Cheers to the NFL, starting in 8 weeks - Sandz Congratulations, moderator!!! - fishmommie Congrats Mr. Mod! - Rue here's to 10,000 don't ever slow down ;-) - steeler58 T.G.I.F. - cm12setx 
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - steeler58 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - steeler58 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - aquariumlover10 Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - gronlaura Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - SeaLady 

0 Not allowed!
    If you mean Pristella tetras, I have some, two varieties actually...the "x-ray" pristellas are very shy, and won't do well with frisky tankmates
    10 Gallon Beginner Tank... Journal
    40 Gallon Breeder: ... Journal
    29 Gallon: ... Journal

Awards Showcase

T.G.I.T.!....cheers! - Slaphppy7 For a fellow tetra lover ;-) - steeler58 For the new fish ;-) - steeler58 Here's to new fish and shrimp ;-) - steeler58 Sorry about your Cat I hope she/he rallies - steeler58 
    Thanks for all the thumbs up ;-) - steeler58 So sorry for your loss :( - steeler58 T.G.I.F. - Slaphppy7 New gifts show still show up : ) - mommy1 Thanks for the help! Cheers! - BluewaterBoof 

1 Not allowed!
    Yes, those were the ones I meant.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by afro123 View Post
    You decided your own stocking.
    I'm little confused who you were replying to here, since I asked for alternative options to the fish I had already listed. If I missed something in your post that would clarify, sorry; I'm working on about 3 hours of sleep.