· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For showing the beauty of fish perfectly x - Fishalicious   Congratulations on your photo award! - fins_n_fur   very helpful member - Lady Hobbs   thanks for all the help - Cassandra   I didn't give you a gift yet?! Well here you go. - Tolley   
    Autism - Brookfish   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Brookfish   

Default Mass Migration of Stingrays.

0 Not allowed!
    Mass Migration of Stingrays

Looking like giant leaves floating in the sea, thousands of Golden Rays are seen here gathering off the coast of Mexico . The spectacular scene was captured as the magnificent creatures made one of their biannual mass migrations to more agreeable waters.
    Gliding silently beneath the waves, they turned vast areas of blue water to gold off the northern tip of the Yucatan Peninsula . Sandra Critelli, an amateur photographer, stumbled across the phenomenon while looking for whale sharks.
    She said: 'It was an unreal image, very difficult to describe. The surface of the water was covered by warm and different shades of gold and looked like a bed of autumn leaves gently moved by the wind.

'It's hard to say exactly how many there were, but in the range of a few thousand'

'We were surrounded by them without seeing the edge of the school and we could see many under the water surface too. I feel very fortunate I was there in the right place at the right time to experience nature at its best'
    Measuring up to 7ft (2.1 meters) from wing-tip to wing-tip, Golden rays are also more prosaically known as cow nose rays.

They have long, pointed pectoral fins that separate into two lobes in front of their high-domed heads and give them a cow-like appearance. Despite having poisonous stingers, they are known to be shy and non-threatening when in large schools.
    The population in the Gulf of Mexico migrates, in schools of as many as 10,000, clockwise from western Florida to the Yucatan
    Mike!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

A cup of coffee to get you going on that build. - Strider199   Merry xmas! - ScottishFish   Merry Christmas - mommy1   Happy New Year - mommy1   Thank you for the birthday wishes. - mommy1   

0 Not allowed!
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!! That would be one gorgeous sight...
    I've had our fishing boat surrounded by gar pike before but nothing like that!
    Thanks for sharing Mike!
    your friendly neighbourhood arowanaman!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For showing the beauty of fish perfectly x - Fishalicious   Congratulations on your photo award! - fins_n_fur   very helpful member - Lady Hobbs   thanks for all the help - Cassandra   I didn't give you a gift yet?! Well here you go. - Tolley   
    Autism - Brookfish   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispy
    sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!!! That would be one gorgeous sight...
    I've had our fishing boat surrounded by gar pike before but nothing like that!
    Thanks for sharing Mike!
    Your welcome bud, I can't get over that first pic
    it's just mind blowing.
    Mike!

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Wow... what an incredible set of pictures. Thanks.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    That is an awsome site. Fantasic shots. I bet the guy who took those made a few bucks.

Thanks for sharing Brookfish

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy halloween! - Tigerbarb   I hope you are feeling better - KingFisher   Thanks for leaving a message on my blog xxx - Fishalicious   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   Happy Holidays! - fins_n_fur   

0 Not allowed!
    I think this was in the AC news a little while ago, but always nice to see those pics again.
    55g- blood parrots, SAE, bristlenose plecos
    75G-oscar

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift!! - Brookfish   thank you - angelcakes   You need another one lol - Celtic Fins   
    Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - abaigael04   

0 Not allowed!
    Wow that is amazing! I would have love to stumble upon that- beautiful creatures!
    Jade
    125 gal- chromobotia macracanthus, Baryancistrus beggini(L239)
    60 gal - planning for (tentatively) Celestial pearl danios and a pseudacanthicus cf. leopardus (L-114) - pterygoplichthys disjunctivus (needs a new home!)
    20 gal - pangio kuhlii
    10 gal Q tank
    Counting the YEARS to get my 200 gal!!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

have a gift - cocoa_pleco   To A Great AC Member! :) - MeganL3985   Good Luck With Everything - MeganL3985   You might not know anything about SW tanks but you helped anyways!  Here's your first SW fish... enjoy! - rageybug   For you! Thanks! lol - Northernguy   

0 Not allowed!
    thats amazing! it looks like a giant patchwork quilt.
    10g- planted freshwater
    10 gallon freshwater, planted tank
    1 Redigobius balteatus (rhinohorn goby), 2 Trichopsis pumila (sparkling gourami), 5 mircorasbora erythromicron (emerald dwarf rasbora), 1 Celestichthys margaritatus (celestial pearl danio), 1 Dermogenys pusilla (wrestling halfbeak), 6 amano shrimp
    lots o malayn needle point snails
    3g- freshwater
    java moss

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For appreciating your mom! - Rue   Thanks for your advice to Gemstone - Boertjie   You should have a fox to! - MCHRKiller   Accidental hijacking! - Wild Turkey   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   
    Autism - invadertoast   

0 Not allowed!
    So cool!! I got this in my email the other day, I would have loved to have been there! I haven't been on a boat in forever (not in a fun way anyhow, lol) I was freaking out over seeing a Minke whale for two seconds this summer while parked on a ferry... I'm sea life deprived, I haven't been whale watching in years :(
    Lindsay

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift! Thank you for all your great posts =D - Ryuu   for guessing till your gills turned red!  you deserve one!  lol - KrytterKrys   Have a gift! - Tolley   For all your kind comments. Thank you - Celtic Fins   I thought you needed a front. - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Awesome sight.