· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For appreciating your mom! - Rue   Thanks for your advice to Gemstone - Boertjie   You should have a fox to! - MCHRKiller   Accidental hijacking! - Wild Turkey   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   
    Autism - invadertoast   

Default Lost one of my crowntails :(

0 Not allowed!
    Just went to do water changes in my two betta tanks, and found one of my boys dead :( I'm guessing it was old age, he seemed fine yesterday and the water parameters are spot on. His roommate is also fine and appears healthy, this particular tank has been a divided tank for years but I decided to take the divider out. I also kept both filters running, it probably doesn't need it but it won't hurt either. The remaining guy seems a little confused and won't really venture over the old divider line, I'm sure he'll get used to his new digs. It's weird to look over at the tank and not have two faces staring back at me...

I'm bummed, I had that guy for a long time... but on the bright side, there's now space to do a little aquascaping and try growing some plants in there. The hood is crazy reflective (it's stainless) and there's always green algae growing in there (grows food for my otos and BN in the bigger tanks) Plants grow awesome in my other 2.5 with the same light, but hardly any reflector in it so I'm hoping this one will make my baby java ferns giant in a short amount of time.

Anyhow.... RIP little guy :(
    Lindsay

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for your loss invadertoast. You did well to keep him to a great age.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Time for a slushie! - Rue   CHILL OUT! - Lady Hobbs   Thank You - MeganL3985   happy belated birthday - angelcakes   for giving me a gift - troy   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Bolivian Ram   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry to hear =( Im sure he had an awesome life! How old was he?
    My Current Aquariums

20 gallon, Two blue gouramis, One Danios, Two albino coreys and five red guarres.
    75 gallon mbuna tank, Four yellow labs, Four rusty cichlids, One red zebras, pair of Eureka peacocks
    10 gallon planted- Six Caridnal tetras,
    another 10 gallon, and newts

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy   Active! - Wild Turkey   Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish   Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy   Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^   

0 Not allowed!
    Oh...so sorry!
    Sharon

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For appreciating your mom! - Rue   Thanks for your advice to Gemstone - Boertjie   You should have a fox to! - MCHRKiller   Accidental hijacking! - Wild Turkey   Thanks! - Wild Turkey   
    Autism - invadertoast   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks guys... honestly, I don't know how old he was. He was with me in our old house for a long time and we moved a year and a half ago (actually more like a year and 9 months ago)
    Lindsay

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift - korith   No Message - s72450   

0 Not allowed!
    I'm sorry for your loss, but it sounds like you gave him a long and healthy life so you should be proud of that.
    55g - 5 Blood Parrots

My 55G Journal

Latest gifts & ribbons:

No Message - geminidragn   The seahorse looks lonely and I wanted some decorations - geminidragn   for saving your Betta - gabbyguppy   

0 Not allowed!
    Sorry for your loss.

How is the other fish taking it? Is he acting depressed or lonely?

My fish Azul was depressed after he lost his tank mate. He would hide in a corner and stopped swimming around. I ended up getting him a new friend and he was fine after that.

I know how you feel about feeling weird not having that extra face looking at you. You get so used to seeing them and talking to them.

Take care and keep an eye on how your other fish acts; he might need a new friend as much as you do.
    __________________________________________________ _
    Fish are friends--NOT FOOD!! LOL. Enjoy each day like it was your last!!

1-10 gallon w/ two male bettas--A Double-Veil tail and a Comb Tail

1-10 gallon w/ two male bettas--A Silver and Copper Crown-tail & a Delta-Veil tail

1-10 gallon community w/ three female bettas and one male betta--A Cambodian-cream w/ burgandy fins, a blue/green, a yellow Crown-tail and a male Cambodian Crown-tail

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Autism - invadertoast   

0 Not allowed!
    Gemini - I did notice the first day or so he was kind of depressed, but seemed to be perking up a little and moving around the tank more after a few days. I'm actually away from home this week (house-sitting) so I haven't been keeping my eye on him. I'll see how he is this weekend when I go home again, I'm hoping he'll be used to being by himself. His tank is on my nightstand and he often stares at me at bedtime, maybe he'll be super happy to see me, lol
    Lindsay

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

For showing the beauty of fish perfectly x - Fishalicious   Congratulations on your photo award! - fins_n_fur   very helpful member - Lady Hobbs   thanks for all the help - Cassandra   I didn't give you a gift yet?! Well here you go. - Tolley   
    Autism - Brookfish   Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    Real sorry to hear about your Betta.
    Mike!

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

tribute to digga r.i.p - angelcakes   Your Awesome! - Tolley   happy easter to me........LOL - angelcakes   Thank you for the nomination and sorry for the fishy - Billythefish   Probably the nicest members on the forum... - Goshawk   
    Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - angelcakes   HIV/AIDS - angelcakes   

0 Not allowed!
    sorry for your loss
    angelcakes (penny)
    "The big fish eats the small one."
    -- Sephardic saying

chat link
    http://theaquaticlounge.chatango.com/