· Shark Fish
· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Oranda

0 Not allowed!
    Could it be a crossbreed? His tail is identical to our oranda and black moore's (same size, and shape), but it body is somewhat slender and chubby/round at the same time, if that makes any sense. I'd take a picture, but they don't stay still, lol

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Without a photo I can't tell...if he does hold still, prime him for a photoshoot!
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    I got 2 pics, one is a side shot and one is a tail. He's chasing the little guy again, but he doesn't seem stressed in the least bit. I think they may be playing because when I fed them he stopped to eat, lol I still need to aquascape the tank, lol

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

Awards Showcase

for posting that article, I laughed so much!!!!!!!! - ScottishFish Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff 
    For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA 
    Merry Christmas - Cliff Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    That was fast!

I think he's a fantail. They're essentially the 'basic' fancy - round bodied, double tailed, but without any of the genetic modifications that differentiate the other 'breeds'.

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you. I found that my camera has an anti blurr setting, so I started snapping pics, He is certainly "different" then the other 4, but at least he doesn't steal food from them. I forgot to mention they have all been chasing each other for months, so I think its more or less playing. They don't seem stressed. I'll just keep an eye on the new one for a few days and make sure it doesn't look tired out or get sick, so far its as healthy as a horse

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    Orandas are my favorite breed of goldfish. Good find.

Awards Showcase

0 Not allowed!
    I took this this morning:

That's a picture (yes, not very good - just with the point-and-shoot) of Elvis.

I think the new pearscale I bought is an orando too...it has the head growth. Should be interesting to see how it grows up...I'm not a fan of pearlscales - it looks like an uncomfortable mutation, but this baby was too cute to resist.

0 Not allowed!
    Nice looking fish. We have one identical to it. We almost bought a pearlscale, but they wanted $40 for one. My favorite is the oranda. I think our last one we add in a few months is gonna be another oranda

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

9. Default

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by labnjab
    I had to get in between them by putting on a rubber glove and gently holding the shubukin for a few seconds
    I laughed when I read this, for this reason. I could just imagine someone doing this and being like

"Don't make me come in there again!"

heh sorry i'm a dork

10. Default

0 Not allowed!
    You should really remove the white tubing because the goldfish will eventually get stuck in them.

Also, that is not a calico, it's just a orange and black oranda, so if you paid for a calico you got ripped off.
    Last edited by saix88; 02-19-2009 at 01:09 PM.