· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Oranda

Default New Oranda

0 Not allowed!
    Our new 75 has been running for a week and parameters are dead on, so we bought a new oranda today. Its a calico oranda and is around 3 inches. He had the most personality out of most in the store and keep swimming to the glass looking at us (he was also on the expensive side at $13.49) The tanks still slightly cloudy from the sand (not a bacteria bloom). We were also going to pick up a few dojo loaches, but didn't have enough money to get a small school of 3. He's fitting in with the other goldies

29 gallon-planted community

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

75 gallon mixed reef with 20 gallon sump

0 Not allowed!
    He's very fit and healthy looking mate, best of luck with him!!
    Mike!

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you. He's acting the same in the tank as he did when he was at the pet store. he's a happy healthy goldfish. We were actually debating between him and one identical, but twice as big, but decided, why pay $10 more for something that will grow twice as big for free, lol

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

Awards Showcase

Congrats on the awards! - Northernguy Active! - Wild Turkey Really nice Syno pic! - Brookfish Merry Christmas ! - Northernguy Have a great Christmas! - Demi ^_^ 
    Thanks! - Wild Turkey Merry Christmas! To a fishy kind of person! - LORENZO Happy Holidays! - Wild Turkey Happy Holidays! - Brookfish Merrryyyyy Christmas to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - LORENZO 
    Thanks for the nom! - Northernguy Goodluck with the betta breeding! - Demi ^_^ You need a clown loach. - troy Why ask why?  Just love this little guy!... LOL - Mith Good luck with your Sals. - Celtic Fins 
    Thank you! - Northernguy Celebrate your award - Jellygirl I love piggies and you only have on.  Now you have a friend for it! - Mith Sorry to hear about your clown! - Brookfish Happy birthday have a great day - Celtic Fins 

0 Not allowed!
    He does look great...we don't give Goldfish enough credit! They are lovely fish!
    Sharon

0 Not allowed!
    I love goldfish. If I had my way, which hopefully one day I will, I will have a 125 filled with a dark green and black substrate, and full of goldfish. The fancy ones mind you. Orandas, ryukins, and more. I love how the gold color interacts with the green and black substrate.

Your Oranda is gorgeous. I hope he/she gives you lots of years of enjoyment. I know mine always have.

Congrats!!!
    75 gallon planted tank with discus, GBR's and cardinals

135 gallon saltwater FOWLR work in progress and desperately need help

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you everyone

We've been noticing a small problem since lights out. Our shubukin has become "Pushy" since lights out. He is aggressively chasing the new oranda around as well as our large oranda and black moore (but mostly the new one). He's not nipping or doing any damage, just chasing and pushing. We got all 4 of the original goldfish at the same time, and have never seen him this agressive (he will ocasionally chase and push our large oranda around, but stops after a few min.) Is this normal for goldfish to do when someone new is added to establish dominance, or has the shubukin gone crazy? If it is a problem and goes on much longer, I'm going to set up a 10 gallon temporarily with a seeded filter for the night and seperate the shubukin. I don't want him killing the new fish

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

0 Not allowed!
    We managed to stop the aggression. I rearranged the tank, fed some peas (which the new oranda ate while being chased), and I had to get in between them by putting on a rubber glove and gently holding the shubukin for a few seconds. After that it didn't do it again and went on swimming like normally. Hopefully its the end of the chasing, other then their usual playing, but I'll keep a close eye on them

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

Awards Showcase

Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa 
    The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime 
    Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog Cheers - Cliff 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    He's cute!

...and that's why you shouldn't have single finned mixed with doubles...but I'm glad you stopped the aggression...
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you...The shubukin has the same tail as the rest of them, maybe i misidentified him, are the suppose to be singel tailed? I wouldn't mix them up. I don't like the looks of comets, lol

20 long frag tank
    75 gal-planted goldfish

Awards Showcase

Kick back and enjoy the day when your done your painting - Cliff thanks for the rep! - EowynShieldmaiden Otis thanks you for the rep - Cliff This one will have a longer life span, sorry to hear about your fish - Cliff For being a smarty pants and figuring out my riddle so fast! :) - escamosa 
    The last one of these Ill ever give! Enjoy the AC bucks Rue! - smaug Yes, there is still a place in today's world for the  Darwin Awarads - Cliff Thanks for the Rep!!! :) - C-Dub Merry Christmas - Cliff Merry Christmas Rue - jeffs99dime 
    Holiday Ham has come today from the eve until Boxing Day! - Trillianne Merry Cristmas and Happy Holidays Rue. - Strider199 It's a Christmas Bunny, Merry Christmas. - gadget228 lol, thanks for the rep.  Have one on me! =] - KevinVA Merry Christmas - Cliff 
    Thanks!  You have a great holiday season as well! - sheamurai Merry Christmas - gadget228 What is a good Holiday Ham to do, but bring some cheer to my good friend Rue! - Trillianne Just Because - Surfdog Cheers - Cliff 
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Rue Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Rue 

0 Not allowed!
    Well, a die-hard goldfish expert might disagree, but a shubunkin is basically just a calico comet...

If it's a fancy, it should have a rounder body and the flowing style of tail...(even if it's a short tail).
    55 g Goldfish Tank - 5 Fancies, 2 Dojos
    25 g Tropical Tank - Celestial Pearl Danio/Mixed