· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    I too am looking at injection. I've come across two pre-built systems. One in your budget, which is below.

http://www.aquabuys.com/miva/merchan...co2_set_dlx_06

The other is a bit outside your budget, and mine:

http://www.aquariumplants.com/produc...FQkzawodfmU5lg

Both seem great, and I think I might opt for the cheaper one.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

for your advice and support! - gourami*girl   Dude, Thanks from those of us that can only send help. - 850R   Have a cool one after helping those around you - Cliff   You will probably need a few more of these before you are done - mommy1   Thanks for helping get peoples lives back to normal - mommy1   
    Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - C-Dub   Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - C-Dub   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - C-Dub   Autism - C-Dub   Childhood Cancer - C-Dub   

0 Not allowed!
    thanks a lot is there anything else i need to make the first kit run or is that everything?
    55 Gal- Fluval 305 & Aqua Clear 70;
    2 Gold Veil Angels, 1 GBR, 1 Gold Nugget Pleco, and 11 pesky Zebra Danio's.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    The only other item I believe you will need is a CO2 canister. Make sure it is the proper connection for the Milwaukee CO2 Regulator - Solenoid Valve, which I believe it is as the kit is for a standard CO2 tank. I found a website that seems to have pretty affordable CO2 tanks. I was looking at the 5Lb or 10Lb. From the sounds of your setup, either should work, but the 10Lb canister will require fewer refill trips and sounds like it is cheaper at larger volumes. Around $15 for a refill at a local hardware shop.

CO2 containers: http://stores.kegconnection.com/Categories.bok

Overall though, you could make your overall purchase cheaper if you did not want a fully automatic system--one that would not have an automatic pH feedback loop that adjusts the CO2 of your system immediately--you could opt to piece your own parts together without the pH meter.

You can always make a DIY reactor out of PVC, which I have used and found to have good results. Cost me about $20 to make: http://www.rexgrigg.com/diy-reactor.htm

I've had friends make their own DIY systems for a total investment of around $200 ($80 for Tank, Regulator @ $89, $20 for hosing and PVC reactor). Of course no where near as accurate.

Between the two systems I posted links to, the 2nd will be far more accurate due to the valve action, but sounds like its for really serious folks. The first system or a well researched DIY will both work--of course, with the automated feedback loop, you will likely have better results with the pre-packaged kit.

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Smile Co2 Injection

0 Not allowed!
    CO2 injection is the only way to go. Do not buy a nice CO2 tank as most gas businesses trade out your empty tank for one of theirs.I get 5 pounds for $12.00. A needle valve makes adjusting flow a lot easier, get a regulator that comes on and off with your lights, I use a simple glass diffuser to dissolve the CO2 into the water. Stopping all surface agitation is a must or you will be paying for CO2 going right out the window, so to speak. I had to rig my canister filter out flow pipe deeper into the aquarium to prevent this.
    Good luck.