· South American Cichlids
· Tanganyika Cichlids
· Tetra Fish
· Tropical Fish Food

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

Default X-Ray Tetra Pristella maxillaris

0 Not allowed!
    Hi-
    I've been considering adding a few Pristella Tetra to my 20g long and from all that I've read, they're pretty hardy for a tetra. The pictures I've seen indicate that the X-Ray is quite attractive with yellow, black, and red fins. I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience keeping them?

Thanks,
    Taurus

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need a gift! Thank you for all your great posts =D - Ryuu   for guessing till your gills turned red!  you deserve one!  lol - KrytterKrys   Have a gift! - Tolley   For all your kind comments. Thank you - Celtic Fins   I thought you needed a front. - Brookfish   

0 Not allowed!
    You need to add more otos because they are schooling fish.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

You need gifts - Lady Hobbs   And another - Lady Hobbs   What he had up his --- - Chrona   No, serioulsy. EVERYONE KICK HIM! - Drumachine09   RAK - DemonShark   
    Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - gm72   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - gm72   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by troy
    Okay, then, not helpful at all as it had zero to do with the question. Let's please at least answer the question then list additional advice as fit.

I haven't kept the x-rays but have gold pristellas that I love. Hardy, yes, easy to keep.
    8 tanks running now:
    1x 220 gallon, 2x55 gallon, 1x40 gallon long, 1x29 gallon, 1x20 gallon long, 1x5.5 gallon, 1x2 gallon
    Gouramis, barbs, rasboras, plecos, corys, tetras, fancy guppies, swordtails, ottos, rainbow shark, upside-down catfish, snails, and Max and Sparkles the bettas.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

heres a gift for you!!!! - squirt_12   purple is purdy - Lady Hobbs   Happy b-day!! - Kuli_Loach   Happy 25th! - Futureboy   Merry Christmas :) - MeganL3985   
    Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Kaga's Kritters   Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - Kaga's Kritters   World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Kaga's Kritters   Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Kaga's Kritters   Gay and Lesbian Pride - Kaga's Kritters   

0 Not allowed!
    i have a pristella tetra, i love it. beautiful fish. (yes i know i need more than one)
    10 gal tropical tank (mainly snails w/7 fish), 5 rats, 4 parakeets, 1 senegal parrot, 2 degus, 1 snake, 1 blue tongue skink, 3 mice, 1 rabbit, 1 ferret, 5 cats, 1 dog

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Xray

0 Not allowed!
    Beautiful fish, cast of red in the tail fin.
    Hardy, peaceful, middle of the tank fish. school nicely. Need a shoal of 6 min., 10 to 12 would be great. Very active fish.
    I keep My Tetra tanks around 76F, My tanks are tannin stained and planted.
    Have a future plan for a GP/Cory tank. Just haven't decided what Cory.
    If You haven't read Dave66's Tetra primer, Please do, great read.

Don
    20G: 8 Serpae, 5 Grn Cory. Planted,Tannin stained
    29G: 12 Neon, 6 Gold Pristella, 8 Blk Phantom, 5 Pepper Cory. Planted, Tannin stained
    5G: 1 Betta. Planted
    10G Quarantine tank:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Healing vibes.  Read and rest your fingers! - RiversGirl   Have a Candy cane ;-) Merry Christmas - steeler58   Merry Christmas! - discusluv   Happy Holidays to all of you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas! (USA) - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by troy
    I have to agree. More of these the happier they are.

Quote Originally Posted by gm72

I haven't kept the x-rays but have gold pristellas that I love. Hardy, yes, easy to keep.

As for the X-Ray Tetras, nice peaceful fish, which love to be kept in a school. Fairly easy to keep.

mac

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Your first gift! lol Thanks - Northernguy   Congrats on your award!! - Brookfish   Thanks....from Gracie May - gabbyguppy   
    Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - chester82006   Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - chester82006   Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - chester82006   

0 Not allowed!
    I do own a few, very entertaining. Mine love hanging out in floating plants. They get so excited when it's feeding time and dart all over the place, then group together, then dart again... really one of my favorite fish. True survivors, I didn't have my filter up and running for about a week because it broke... a snow storm my town wasn't prepared for led to me trapped in my house with very icy roads....everything was closed for the longest time -.- and had some other inhabitants die of shock. The pristellas didn't seem to mind

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Default Xray

0 Not allowed!
    I'm pretty sure that Xray and Gold Pristilla are two names for the same fish.
    Like Red Minor and Serpae.

Don
    20G: 8 Serpae, 5 Grn Cory. Planted,Tannin stained
    29G: 12 Neon, 6 Gold Pristella, 8 Blk Phantom, 5 Pepper Cory. Planted, Tannin stained
    5G: 1 Betta. Planted
    10G Quarantine tank:

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

Happy Holiday to you! - Boundava   Merry Christmas to You and Yours! - discusluv   Merry Christmas! - Slaphppy7   Win or lose, here's to good games tomorrow ;-) - steeler58   Cheers! - Slaphppy7   

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks all for the great replies!! Could I add a shoal of say 5 GPTs to my 20g long? I know it is pretty well stocked with the 13 Harlequins and the Bronze Corys, but the AC30 with the surface skimmer is doing a great job of bio and mechanical filtering, and keeping the water the water oxygenated.

If you feel that adding the 5 GPTs to the 20g long is a mistake, please say so.
    I appreciate your honesty.

Awards Showcase

Latest gifts & ribbons:

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolbus
    I'm pretty sure that Xray and Gold Pristilla are two names for the same fish.
    Like Red Minor and Serpae.

Don
    Same fish, yes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast